How to mix a good Spiced Pumpkin color?

I bought a case of wax on Lone Star and the total with Shipping was $103.00, but when I added a 1 oz bottle of Spiced Pumpkin liquid dye to the order, which cost $4.95, it increased the shipping by an additional $8.00 on UPS Ground!!! So instead of the dye costing me $4.95, it's like it was costing me $12.95 just for that 1 oz. I was not going to pay that. :angry2:

So now I need to figure out how to mix a good spiced pumpkin color myself with yellow, red, and brown or honey that I have on hand. Any suggestions?

I didn't have that problem when I ordered 7 pounds of FOs from Peaks earlier today. I was able to add 500 wicks and a couple of bottles of dye without increasing the shipping at all. I don't understand why Lone Star can't fit a small 1 oz bottle of dye in with a case of wax without increasing the shipping by $8.00.

Edited by HorsescentS

I bought a case of wax on Lone Star and the total with Shipping was $103.00, but when I added a 1 oz bottle of Spiced Pumpkin liquid dye to the order, which cost $4.95, it increased the shipping by an additional $8.00 on UPS Ground!!! So instead of the dye costing me $4.95, it's like it was costing me $12.95 just for that 1 oz. I was not going to pay that. :angry2:

So now I need to figure out how to mix a good spiced pumpkin color myself with yellow, red, and brown or honey that I have on hand. Any suggestions?

I didn't have that problem when I ordered 7 pounds of FOs from Peaks earlier today. I was able to add 500 wicks and a couple of bottles of dye without increasing the shipping at all. I don't understand why Lone Star can't fit a small 1 oz bottle of dye in with a case of wax without increasing the shipping by $8.00.

I once asked another supplier to slip a small item in with the case of wax because of the same problem as you have. They won't do it. The shipping you seen added would be that same as if that was the only thing in your shopping cart.

For pumpkin I add 3 - 4 orange and 1 honey. I know you don't have orange so I would start with 2 yellow, 1 red and 1 honey. Adjust from there, but you should be close.

I was going to suggest Lonestar's Spiced Pumpkin before I read it. lol.

For my Home Sweet Home I mix equal amounts of red and orange. I bet if I were to add a little bit of brown to it, it would come out a nice Spiced Pumpkin color.

Thanks, you guys! Those are great suggestions! I will try those. I wish I had ordered Orange from Peaks before I checked out an hour ago. I guess it's too late to go back and stick another bottle of dye into that order, so I will have to be brave and mix Red and Yellow to make my own Orange. lol

Edited by HorsescentS

Thanks, you guys! Those are great suggestions! I will try those. I wish I had ordered Orange from Peaks before I checked out an hour ago. I guess it's too late to go back and stick another bottle of dye into that order, so I will have to be brave and mix Red and Yellow to make my own Orange. lol

Go back and see if the order has processed yet. You may be able to make changes. I know it can be done at CandleScience, but I don't remember about Peak. It's worth a shot! Peak's also has an Autumn Orange and you can add a smidge of brown to it.

Go back and see if the order has processed yet. You may be able to make changes. I know it can be done at CandleScience, but I don't remember about Peak. It's worth a shot! Peak's also has an Autumn Orange and you can add a smidge of brown to it.

Thanks, Beth! Autumn Orange sounds beautiful, I wish I'd seen it. I just checked Peak's website and it says my order is "In Process," but I couldn't find a way to add to it. Maybe if I call them first thing in the morning...

You could get a toothpick and put drops of whatever colors you want to experiment with and drop them onto a white plate and mix together to see if you are going in the right direction. That would give you a starting point.:smiley2:

Trappeur

I can't help you with the color combination sorry. I have done the white plate thing of dropping color on it & found that they white throws the color off from the actual color. I have found dropping it on a clear glass plate gives me the best color results. HTH

I can't help you with the color combination sorry. I have done the white plate thing of dropping color on it & found that they white throws the color off from the actual color. I have found dropping it on a clear glass plate gives me the best color results. HTH

Thanks, ladysj! I have clear plates, so I'll try that too.

You guys are the best! All these suggestions are so helpful!

Ravens, what was yours??? lol

Peaks is so AWESOME!!! I called them this morning and they let me add 1 oz of Orange liquid dye and 1 lb of Orange Chiffon Cake FO to my order and it only raised the shipping by $1.50! Wow! :D

Stella: I ended up with 5:1 Peaks Orange + Peaks Coffee and I love the deep burnt orange color, but will try 4:1 also in case it's even prettier. Thanks! :D

Ravens: I was afraid you meant there was a risk of my candles looking like a lovely shade of dysentery. I was so relieved when the color I got looked like yams and molasses instead. :D