Personalizing Christmas Balls

Candybee

I think it would be fun to exchange names and then you personalize someone else's ball. Or you could have a theme ball, like everyone decorates it with thumbnail pics of their pets, kids, or grandkids. Mod Podge should work for that.

They aren't going to be for exchange. Our transportation director is going to give each of her staffers a personalized Christmas ball.

Just looking for some simple ideas or grand ideas for decorating the balls and giving that personal touch (probably name painted on the ball). She tried asking a local artist to decorate them but its just too expensive. So I need inexpensive ideas on how to be creative with them.

My daughter made some ornaments where she cut lines out of an old Christmas Carol book and used ModPodge to stick them all around the ball. They were really cute. If you could find (print or draw) names or fancy initials and put over the text they would be personalized, cheap and cute.

Heres an idea for ya:

Stop by pretty much any dollar tree or even Micheal's and pick up a pack to 2 of the clear Christmas bulbs for the trees. (Not the light up ones but the decoration ones) and our wonderful friend Martha Stewart just came out with a line of glass paints that are glitter =) Get a few colors, paint brush and simply put their names on them, maybe a little snowflake or 3 and there ya go =)

The paints are not to expensive, especially when your just getting a few colors.... Don't ask how I know this.... Not like we don't have the full line of just about every glass paint LOL =)

Best of luck and mostly... have fun with it as I know you will =)

Our nephew used to be an occupational therapist...hands on. Now he is in management. Anyway...one year he had his "clients" make decorated Christmas balls. He used the white frosted balls and then the "clients" used glue and made a design and then they used silver glitter over the glue. They turned out very pretty...and one Christmas he gave us an extra one that someone had made.

(I say his clients because that is what his company called them...not patients.