Candle Sampler Demo Question

I have recently begun candle making and have started doing home shows. I was on a website and I thought that I had bookmarked it, only to find out that I had not. But, my question is, I saw on a website that there was a container that held several small size samples of candle scents that you could use instead of have customers open all your candle jars. I believe it was in a tin and the you could pour you different waxes in there as a candle sample. Has anyone seen this and if so, would you mind sharing where?:yay:

WHEW! I was having nightmares thinking of putting FO in them! I use 2oz portion cups and make a "Sniff Stop" at my home parties - put it front and center like on a central coffee table where lots of people can reach them - they have fun sniffing and passing them around. :yay:

WHEW! I was having nightmares thinking of putting FO in them! I use 2oz portion cups and make a "Sniff Stop" at my home parties - put it front and center like on a central coffee table where lots of people can reach them - they have fun sniffing and passing them around. :yay:

Love that idea!!! Will have to use that if i ever get into home parties. :-)

Yeah, I have and use the 2oz portion cups, too. They make great tarts, as well. While I love the look and idea of these tin displays, I'll probably stick with the portion cups. They are easy to make, and no added cost. My husband hates when I keep spending his money on my candle habit. I told him that eventually the candles will pay for themselves. :-)

Thank you so much for the information here; I have 42 different scents poured in two sets, and they need a better home than Ziplock.

Poor Ziplock. Getting the shaft again. Curses to all who make Ziplock obsolete! :-) Okay. You may continue with your regularly scheduled programming. My silliness is done....for now. Mwahahahaha!!!

I've settled on 10 ml jars they use for lip balm. Clear bottom, black top. Labeled top and bottom (mixing up lids throws off the scent) The biggest reason I have switched to these is because I switch them out so often (I change them out every 3-4 months to keep them fresh) I had the one from CAS but when people had them out sniffing they mixed the lids/jars up and it threw off the scents, big time.

I bought (2) of the 40 sets and just completed them tonight! I used soy beads in each little container and a few drops of oil and just wrote the scent on top with a thin sharpie marker. Took a little time to do but this will help out ALOT :-) I had 76 scents so it worked out perfectly!

I've settled on 10 ml jars they use for lip balm. Clear bottom, black top. Labeled top and bottom (mixing up lids throws off the scent) The biggest reason I have switched to these is because I switch them out so often (I change them out every 3-4 months to keep them fresh) I had the one from CAS but when people had them out sniffing they mixed the lids/jars up and it threw off the scents, big time.

THanks for sharing that hint. That is very valuable info.

original posted by Beekeeper_sd www.candlesandsupplies.com has a wonderfull candle sampler case. search candle sampler. I love mine!
Beekeeper, when I searched, I didn't see anything like that, only wax & wick samples. Do you have a direct link? Edited by IwantItgreen

I remember seeing it in my ventures, as well. I can't remember where, but let me look around and see if I can find it for us both. :-)

Here they are: http://www.candlesoylutions.com/thumbnail.asp?offset=0&deep=1&cid=21

Those tins are very nice. I've see the exact same tins with the window tops at Hobby Lobby, but they don't come with a case. They were on a shelf along the wall near the scrapbooking, stamping, polymer clay, and all that stuff.

Where can I buy portion cups locally? WalMart? I wonder if there's a cute little case to keep portion cups in.

Edited by HorsescentS

• 3 weeks later...
I remember seeing it in my ventures, as well. I can't remember where, but let me look around and see if I can find it for us both. :-)

Here they are: http://www.candlesoylutions.com/thumbnail.asp?offset=0&deep=1&cid=21

Candle Soylutions has their sample case with 20 clear-top tins on clearance sale: http://www.candlesoylutions.com/closeup.asp?cid=21&pid=90&offset=0