New Help with Monkey Farts

I have failed miserably with getting Nature's Garden Monkey Farts to throw. I have tried the following waxes:

EcoSoya PB (votives)

CB-Advanced

Percentages tried were 6, 7, and 8

Soy candles were cured for 1 month

Wicks were LX and HTP in paraffin and CD in Soy

Can anyone give me a solution to this? I'd be willing to buy another wax and wick just to get it work. This is bugging me because I know others have gotten it to work, so now it's a personal fight between me and the farting monkey. :angry2:

Help would be appreciated with post here or as an IM. I'd love to get a container candle working with this primate gas.

Thanks so much

I have never tried CB-A because it didn't seem to get good reviews like the Xcel. I've gotten such great results with the combo I use so I haven't felt the need to branch out.

I hope you can find something that works because this is such a great scent!

Is their much difference in the smell of the farts? :)

NG Vs ICS -

NG has more of a citrus pineapple scent to it.

ICS is sweeter and fruity with the citrus scent being on the lighter side.

But it is a close dupe.. And I am sure you can get away with the switch.

I personally LOVE ICS Fart and so do my customers.

If you switch to ICS and your customers notice a little change in the scent throw, just tell them the Monkey had a change in diet and is eating sweeter fruits!! LOL

Farts never smell the same IMO anyway!! :tiptoe:

The ICS version has bubblegum in too, is that correct?

eta: this is from ICS website: 10/9/11-Near identical dupe but did not want to hide the fact that it is reformulated. Funny Name, Great sweet banana and coconut scent.

Yes.. It has bubblegum... Try it, you will like it.. The new reformulated version is even better IMO.

Thanks ICS for noting it is reformulated and just not changing it out on us!! I sooo appreciate it when a supplier lets us know that the oil has been reformulated.

We use NG's Monkey Farts in both jars & melts. The palm melts throw really well, as soes most things in palm. In out jars which are a soy / palm blend it throws well also, however this is an oil that needs some cure time. I typically will not sell / burn this one unless it has been poured for at least 2 weeks. Have had no complaints so far and many repeat sales. The soy we use is 464.

Richard

Found this on the BC board

1 oz Strawberry + 1 oz Kiwi + 1 oz Banana + 1 oz Coconut + 1 oz Pineapple + 1 oz Bubble Gum + ½ oz Vanilla

That is awesome! Thank you! :D It would be really fun to mix this someday. If you pour all those FOs together in a big container, will it keep and stay good for days, weeks, or months? Or would you only dump it into wax as needed and not store it premixed?

I think you can premix them and save. My guess is that is what the suppliers do. I need to find a bubblegum and kiwi yet.

There are lots of bubblegum FOs on Fragrance Oil Finder, and I'm sure you can find Kiwi there too:

http://www.fragranceoilfinder.com/catalog/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=bubblegum&osCsid=7e07f5f8f7b473b1673a7d649e9937a6&x=10&y=6