making your own lables

cary

Every time I go to Avery.com, I can't find the download for the Avery Design Pro, even using the search feature. I can go to the instructional video, and it tells which links to click on to go to the download, but when I click on them nothing happens. And then it says to click on a certain link on the home page and it's not there. Do you have a link for the download? TIA :D

http://avery-designpro.en.softonic.com/ HTH

This is something I'm struggling with. I use the normal avery templates but all my labels just look cheap and I want a custom look. Something that will stay the same where all I would ever need to change would the fragrance type, and the maybe the size. I haven't a logo. I'm pretty new to all of this but have been messing with the labels for a week now with no real success and definitely nothing to brag about. Just very basic. I have tried multiple times to download avery design pro and have no luck whatsoever. Any tips or advice? I do have corel for a limited time, and its not user friendly at all.

Nearly any graphics or word processor program will allow you to design and print labels. I use my vector graphics program (CorelDraw 12) for some; but mostly I use Avery Design Pro 5. Avery's database sucks, so if you are needing to merge database info with the basic label design (ie. scents, ingredients or other variable information), you're probably better off using MS Word or OpenOffice. Professional results frequently come from professional expertise and software, but a decent looking label can be made from very simple programs.

Knowing HOW to get the most from a program, which takes time, patience and practice, makes all the difference. Having great fonts, clipart, etc. plus a printer that will not make your good stuff look crappy is very important. Having software and a printer that will line up EXACTLY every time from the first label on the page to the last can be challenging with cheap software and printers. If you don't want to have to become an overnight sensation in the area of designing labels, many of the online label companies do a great job.

Labelmakers are another solution that is a little more expensive, but produce some very high-end looking labels.

Edited by Stella1952

I was just reading about "The Label Factory" It looks very good. I'm going to try that one next. It has more then Print Shop does.

Does anyone have a logo making software? I have used online labels in the past for making my own labels and vistaprint. But looking for a software I can purchase like the pro's use but not an expensive one. Thanks all.

Tried "The Label Factory" Hate it! The new Print Shop 3.0 has an option to purchase clip art for a tiny fee. They look beautiful & unique! Dang it! Should have stuck to what I know!

I was just reading about "The Label Factory" It looks very good. I'm going to try that one next. It has more then Print Shop does.

GIMP is the freeware version of Photoshop. Once you learn how it works, professional looking logos, web banners & graphics are a snap. A lot of artwork is available inexpensively online to really distinguish your brand. If you're fairly proficient with computer applications you will be able to pick up the application more quickly.

If you're not a computer whiz, then Etsy often has people who will design a logo for a reasonable price. I just stumbled over 99Designs.ca recently. Several designers compete for your business. They submit designs that you vote for, paying only after you select a logo.

As for actually printing the labels, a lot again depends on your computer proficiency. I've seen some exceptionally well-done labels printed directly from MS Word, with the only limitation being your imagination. I personally use MSAccess as it's the program my business software was developed in.