Seizing before FO added??

Oceangazer1

I don't know what happened. OMG I don't have HBP, but it's up now! It took me 3 hours from mixing the lye to popping this in the oven. What a horrible mess! I just made the same exact recipe yesterday. But today when I put stick blender to oils and lye water look at what happened...seize. I'm still confused. I was like...:shocked2: Then I thought I would just pitch it and :tiptoe:. But I decided to scrape off my blender and whisk the mess and I got it combined and blended again. It went from disaster to hopefully a soap cake that won't have lye pockets. I don't know. ALL I did differently is soap Cooler! I don't get it.

The timing on this was horrific....I had plans haha. But the white would Not firm up so I had to push it out of the piping bag in a container, add a little color, stick blend with the whisk attachment because it was a little separated yet...this is the finish. I'm outta here...taking my dog for a long walk. I hope this damn soap turns out or I wasted 3 hrs I could have been packaging for my show. :laugh2:

post-307-139458487733_thumb.jpg

post-307-139458487737_thumb.jpg

post-307-139458487741_thumb.jpg

post-307-139458487768_thumb.jpg

With the first cake I soaped at about 125...alittle less. I don't have a digital thermometer. This time I soaped closer to 100. I wanted more time for playing, well I got less! LOL

40% Vegetable Shortening

35% Coconut Oil

13% Olive Oil

7% Castor Oil

5% Shea Butter

Lye...5.09 ozs

Water...11.22ozs.

Using mostly grocery store oils until I get things more down pat.

I cut it and I think it's a save, but the swirls are terrible.

Overall...it's pretty.

post-307-139458488217_thumb.jpg