How Does Your Banner Hang?

Catlover

I'm doing more craft fairs this year, and finding lots of variables with the indoor booth set-ups. When we have the tent outdoors, we just attach the banner to it, no problem. But indoors, what are some preferred ways to display your banner (and how does it work best to attach it...to the wall, front of the table over the cloth, etc.)?

My husband made a banner holder for our indoor shows out of electrical conduit. Using straight conduit and screw-type elbows we formed an arch that we would hang the banner from the top of the arch with cable ties. As a base I enlarged the drain hole in two large clay flower pots, set a length of larger diameter conduit through the drain hole so that the conduit stuck out the bottom of the pot, then filled the flower pots with plaster of paris. When set up, the flower pots sat upside down on the floor, the smaller diameter conduit arch set into the conduit in the flower pots and the banner hung from the top bar of the arch. Then, since my products were all made with beeswax or honey, I painted the flower pots to look like bee skeps.

Does any of this make sense? It wasn't perfect in that it could be a little unstable unless it was up against the wall but it did work.

Edited by beekeeper_sd

I attach mine to the front of the table cloth with safety pins (from underneath so you don't see them).

If your banner is too tall for your table you could put something under the legs to raise it a little. I've seen pieces of 4"x4" with a hole drilled into the center that is big enough that the table "foot" fits in it so it doesn't slide around, as well as those bed risers that kids use in college dorms.

My Dad made ours. It's made from the 3/4 inch pvc pipe. He put a few holes in the banner and used (not sure what they are called) but they are silver ring looking things. You could use many different things to string through the holes to attach to the banner holder, string, ribbon, zip ties etc. but we use the ball bungee cord things. They are like this... dCwxXa6DN1sGvx3FmMRVwkRuzqsi3LZXlac1xktj4oqysqadKqJ54Hxa06BwMmqrKlx_u54Sz3h0GA2pLN0_0RTeRFiWtlVIv6rNAnr9FbeUKBqALIQu6591TINAkT5NKS8Sw8QD2gc1QVKc3Sf7rQ

When we are done the cords go around the banner to keep it rolled up. Here's a link to show you how to do it. http://www.ehow.com/how_2079334_make-pvc-banner-frame.html

You can get "banner" table covers. I am working on designing one right now that I will use for indoor shows. We went the conduit route too, for outdoor shows, but we just made the conduit run down the flush with the legs of the tent poles to the ground, then attached them with a bunch of zip ties which I covered up with tule/fabric. Anyway, I am using a local sign company for my vinyl table cover, but you can find them on line, for example: http://flsbanners.com/

We made a banner stand from PVC pipe.... found the instructions here at ehow

http://www.ehow.com/how_5771861_build-banner-stand.html

I leave my banner attached to the frame square all the time, and remove the legs for tranporting. Banner is attached with zip ties...

I cover the banner for transporting with 2 large garbage can plastic bags. When I get the banner home I remove the bags per manufacturers instructions.

Originally we hung our banner on the table but found that it was blocked by the traffic from people in the booth, so we put the sign up where people could see it.

The pic isn't the greatest with the sun peeking in,, but you get an idea. :)

post-6632-139458486371_thumb.jpg

Edited by SherriLynn

We had thought about the table banner thing but thought it was better to go with the banner stand instead. Main reason being is people can't find you until they get right to you if it's attached to the front of the table, whereas with the banner stand people can see where you are rows away. Makes it much easier for your customers that come specifically for you to find you right away. And I agree with you SherriLynn many of these shows are so crowded it would be difficult to see the banner when people are at your table or the people who like to stand right in the middle of everything and just talk to each other.

We in the past have had a toe ring lady next to us and her people would take up so much room that sometimes our customers couldn't even get to our table b/c of it. Definately be alot of blocking going on then. We since have requested not to be set up next to her so her people aren't blocking us. Plus being next to nasty feet all day for 3 days straight just made me wanna hurl. :)

Great ideas! My banner has grommets, so in the past we had hung it on the front of the table (with tiny nails sticking through to hang it on....I tried the lovely shipping tape too, but it didn't stay on for long :)...) I've had the same experience that no one can see the thing because of all the lookee-loos hanging around blocking it. I definitely like hanging it at the back of our tent, so to get the same effect indoors, looks like I need to send hubby to Lowe's to make a frame--I like the way that looks!

Thanks for the pics and e-how link--very helpful. I was also looking at the table covers with my logo on them, but with the the problem of people glomming around blocking it, decided not to spend the $$. :smiley2:

Edited by Catlover

All my banners I order have grommets in them at all four corners so you can put a string thru them. This way I can attach it to my table at indoor shows using a bit of string and safety pinned to the table cloth. Just put little doiles or cloth mats over the safety pins to hide them.

Edited by Candybee

Well, hubby is on for making the PVC stand, but if it doesn't get done in time (not that that could possibly happen! ;), I'll try the string/safety pin thing--I've ordered some heavy fabric fitted tablecloths, so hopefully they'll stand up to the weight of the banner. I can't imagine having a banner without grommets--that would be a pain to try to hang!

• 2 weeks later...

Have discovered that actually purchasing a frame/stand for a 6' horizontal banner is next to impossible. So apparently, DH can have a new career making these things and selling them! He's planning to make a some kind of wooden one for me (I'm not asking questions). Guess I'll have to share booth space with him now. :)

I missed everyone, thank goodness!! You can get them at walmart, target, napa, you name it. When you get them, be sure to get a container that has a bunch of different sizes, they are very handy. Different color, different size. I won't set up now with out them, tons of uses!