Clamshells vs. "free standing" tarts

Soleil

I do mine a bit differently. I cut up chunks for various projects (including in chunk pillars and such) and package those by weight in little zip locks. Label them and they fly out the door. I've offered them like this for the past few months and can barely keep them stocked. So for me, technically not clamshell OR free standing. Some of them I make in brownie bite molds too and package that way. Same story.

Well, I'm different too! I have two large (3' by 2') molds that make "beads". I package 4 oz in a zip bag - and they too fly off the shelf! My customers like them because they can put in just what they want - for a long day or just for a while until they want to change scents.

Would you mind sharing where you got those bead molds? I'd love to make those!

An existing candlemaker had their entire inventory for sale, and we bought it. These were in there - I had not seen them before, but they sure turned out to be one of fav things from the whole mess. Sorry, there are no markings on them and I've not a clue where they originally came from - I would sure share if I could figure it out! ;0)

Thanks for all the responses. I wish you knew where those beads came from ksranch! They sound extremely interesting.

I think the whole reason I was asking is because with the "free-standing" tarts you can make them look so neat (like cupcakes mentioned earlier!) and with the clamshells you really can't, but I do find them easier and customers tend to go for the easier thing.