GB464, Do you find yourself 2oz/pp (12%) your FO's from CS?

Using 2 ounces pp would cause a wick to drown.I know I brought some candles like that once.I took them to a candle supplier and maker.She asked me the size of my wick.I didnt know.I brought them.She said the wick was to small and also drowning because this person used they saying Triple Scented. It might make people buy but the candles were terrible.My husband and I started making and selling candles after that.

WOW if you do that you would have to raise your candle pricing higher.That would be a waste using 2 ounces not counting the price of the candle.

LynnS

When I started making candles I did just that- 12% because 464 said you could do that and I thought the more the better..right?

Very wrong in my experience- I had so many wicking issues and ugly greasy candles it was not funny

When I tried the 1 ounce per pound I found for me, it was not enough, I could not get good strong hot throw at all - as I like my candles SUPER strong- so my range is 1.28 to 1.44 (8 or 9%) and I do still get some fragrances that are a B---- to wick at that percent- so I just use those scents in melts only and move on

It is still costly doing them at my ratio but I cannot get 1 ounce per pound to smell in 464 and I have tried every wick out there- but cdn because of availability- but I did recently purchase some so I may go back and try it again- so many people can get that percent to work for them, and I would love it if I could to to save $$

Do you find it helps with some of the lighter FO's? Im curious, as during the recent sample sale, I got a lot of doubles, on purpose.

Hi there again, we "spoke" on the thread about low HT and GB464. I have never used a FO load that high but I am determined to figure out why the low HT with the Pumpkin Pie from CS. In my testing I am at 7% now and the testing will continue to 10%. I will let you know if you like. I won't go beyond 10%, if no good HT by then I will give up on that FO and move on to Christmas scent testing :)

And don't forget that some scents need to cure for a week or maybe even more. I used to be very anxious to try my candles in 24 to 48 hours. I was just so impatient. Now on all scents I have bitten the bullet and wait 7 days maybe even 10 days to give the oils time to really cure. And like what others said, I don't use more than 6% - a waste of money. Though sometimes I might give a little extra small squirt or 2 on top of the 6%....but as a rule no more than 6%.

Trappeur