Found 2oz Portion cups with lids at Wal-Mart

Going2Adopt

While I was in the paper cup/plate aisle tonight at my local Super Wal-Mart I came across a 50pk of the round 2oz potion cups with lids. They are the #5 in the recycle triangle so they are acceptable for use in tart making. It was $1.97 for the pack. Great way to try them out before order 2000 from a resteraunt supply place or such. I grabbed a pack to play with as I make clamshell tarts but always have someone asking if I do single tarts too.

My Wal-mart has these too. They are Diamond brand, made by the Jarden Corporation. You're lucky on the price of yours though...my Wal-mart charges $3.98 for 50! I like these much better then Dart brand I can get at the restaurant supply stores. The lids stay on a lot better. But at this price they're not really affordable for selling. To buy them wholesale you have to contact Jarden and start with a $500 minimum.

• 1 month later...
My Wal-mart has these too. They are Diamond brand, made by the Jarden Corporation. You're lucky on the price of yours though...my Wal-mart charges $3.98 for 50! I like these much better then Dart brand I can get at the restaurant supply stores. The lids stay on a lot better. But at this price they're not really affordable for selling. To buy them wholesale you have to contact Jarden and start with a $500 minimum.

Found these today at my Walmart! I got the last 2. $2.97 for 50

• 2 weeks later...
I guess I need to check my Super Walmart!!

I did get these at my local walmart $2.97, I love them they are easy to work with and easy for my soy(I use golden brand 416)to release. this was my first time making tarts and it was fun

I was looking at them the other day but hesitated to buy them as I understand that you have to buy a certain kind of portion cup made for candles as some of them could suck the scent right out of the wax. Are these the right kinds to get? How do you know what ones to use and not use?

Trappeur

I unknowingly ordered cups that are #6. I've been using them for over a month now with no problems. However, don't put straight FO in them, haha. While they hold up long enough to measure the FO and quickly pour it into the pot, the FO does melt the plastic after a few minutes. I have since purchased little 2.5 oz metal condiment cups to use for measuring my FO. They work much nicer, lol. As far as the tarts that I made about a month ago, so far so good. The cup still looks brand new, the tart still smells great. Next time I get them, I'll make sure to get the right #, though. :-)

I unknowingly ordered cups that are #6. I've been using them for over a month now with no problems. However, don't put straight FO in them, haha. While they hold up long enough to measure the FO and quickly pour it into the pot, the FO does melt the plastic after a few minutes. I have since purchased little 2.5 oz metal condiment cups to use for measuring my FO. They work much nicer, lol. As far as the tarts that I made about a month ago, so far so good. The cup still looks brand new, the tart still smells great. Next time I get them, I'll make sure to get the right #, though. :-)

I use the same metal condiment cups. I got them at walmart 4 in a pack for .88, arent they great? :) I also use glass shot glasses work well too

Yep, they were .88 here, too! I love them! For that price, I figured why not? I was using an old plastic measuring cup, which never melted (even if I didn't clean it out for a few hours...or overnight) but I just didn't like using it. I always seemed to spill it, or I would get drops on the table when pouring into the pour pot. I don't know, maybe it's just me, lol.