WSP prices

botanica

What I plan to do (IF I ever order from there again!) is to place however many multiple orders for one item a day, then they'll have to package and ship each individual item at full shipping cost. No savings on bulk shipping for them! :naughty:

It is over a year since I ordered from them. But, I placed three orders in the same day, and all three were combined into one shipment. The orders were at least 4 or 5 hours apart. This was before the $30 minimum. I think it was a $15 minimum. I didn't split my order up on purpose. Evidently, I had a massive brain fart and forgot to cart everything on one order.

After reading this thread I am really dissappointed- I just got samples from them and I have to say....holy Hot Throw! I got some of their yankee and bath and body dupes and I cannot believe how strong and accurate they are. But now I feel like I shouldnt order from them- I knew they were pricey but I thought it was because of the quality, but it sounds like she is a shipping crook- ugghhh! I won't help people like that make money they have not earned - now I have to search AGAIN for good dupes that work in my wax

I can't speak for WSP fragrance oils in wax since I don't make candles. However, I can say for a fact that for soaping, WSP oils are not all that. In fact, many flat out stink. I tried at least a dozen in soap in the past and some were just awful. I had horrible seizing and inaccurate scents. BUT, the same scents would be very nice in body products. After a lot of hunting elsewhere, I found scents that I could use in every product that I make. This made life easier for me. For instance, I don't want to have to use WSP's lilac in lotion and Peak's in soap. KWIM? I want the same scent for everything for consistency reasons.

• 1 month later...

I know I'm quite a bit behind finding out about these price increases, so bare with me why I say....HOLY ~hit kickers!!!! I can't believe how much WSP has raised prices. I am paying $24 more for the same product I purchased last Spring. That is a ridiculous price increase. I will definately be looking for other suppliers. It sucks, because the fragrances I buy are very good sellers :-(

I guess this shows how much their customers mean to them - it's all about the moolah.

:mad:What I plan to do (IF I ever order from there again!) is to place however many multiple orders for one item a day, then they'll have to package and ship each individual item at full shipping cost. No savings on bulk shipping for them! :naughty:

I have thought the same and mine go to Canada..

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry, my brain has not been working because it wouldn't be WSSP. DUH.......

Anyway, I have tried about only 6 of their FO's but in my experience with wax melts they are SO strong and last twice as long as my other FO's from CS or NG. I really wish they weren't that expensive though, cause I have never had a FO not be amazing from them.

Her pricing is bizarre, it makes no sense even with so-called "free" shipping. I got 8 pounds of FO from Peaks and the shipping was only $12.50, even though I included 500 wicks. It's like she's added $20 of "shipping" to the price of one pound of FO. lol And then she'll have some bottles of FO that are only $19.00 per pound including "free" shipping, which is good, but other FOs are $45.00 or more for 1 lb including "free" shipping. How can that make sense???

I get so fed up with FREE SHIPPING that is supposedly some kind of a perk for people who have no concept of what is actually free. Most of us are not stupid though. WSP does NOT have free shipping. They have shipping INCLUDED. There is a vast difference between FREE SHIPPING and SHIPPING INCLUDED. Free shipping is when the price of an item is not jacked up to compensate for shipping costs. Many sites offer TRUE free shipping. For instance, if I spend $50 on a certain site, I will get FREE SHIPPING. This is true free shipping. WSP specifically states that they offer free shipping on all products. Supposedly they do this so that customers can maintain long term control of their costs…thus helping them succeed in business. What a crock... Their prices are beyond high now.

Edited by Noodle

I get so fed up with FREE SHIPPING that is supposedly some kind of a perk for people who have no concept of what is actually free. Most of us are not stupid though. WSP does NOT have free shipping. They have shipping INCLUDED. There is a vast difference between FREE SHIPPING and SHIPPING INCLUDED. Free shipping is when the price of an item is not jacked up to compensate for shipping costs. Many sites offer TRUE free shipping. For instance, if I spend $50 on a certain site, I will get FREE SHIPPING. This is true free shipping. WSP specifically states that they offer free shipping on all products. Supposedly they do this so that customers can maintain long term control of their costs…thus helping them succeed in business. What a crock... Their prices are beyond high now.

Exactly! But I don't understand her pricing even with shipping "included" on each 1 lb FO. It makes no sense for one 1 lb FO to cost $19.00 including shipping, and another 1 lb FO to cost $45 to $65 including shipping.

Exactly! But I don't understand her pricing even with shipping "included" on each 1 lb FO. It makes no sense for one 1 lb FO to cost $19.00 including shipping, and another 1 lb FO to cost $45 to $65 including shipping.

So, the $19 FO must = Crappy FO? :)

:laugh2:That must be it! The 1 lb FO costs .50 cents and the included shipping is $18.50.

I refuse to buy anything except what I really, really need from WSP since she started messing with prices and changing rules. But I did realize I can save money on a case of wax I want to try out. It is on sale for right about $104ish. If I bought it somewhere else for $99 and paid shipping it would cost more. So, I'd meet the $30 minimum and actually save about $20 on the wax from shipping somewhere else. I about fell off my chair when I realized one could actually save money on something there.

Ooooh, I was right! Here's the info from their newsletter:

"New Fragrance Oils - Newest fragrances: Honey Bunny (smells similar to Honey I washed the kids by Lush), Kismet (smells similar to Karma by Lush), and Rocking the Stars (smells similar to Rock Star by Lush), OMG Olive (smells similar to Olive Branch by Lush), Fluffy Pink Candy (smells similar to Candy Fluff by Lush), Yeah for Yummy (smells similar to Yummy Yummy by Lush), Goldie Dreadlocks (smells similar to Porridge by Lush), Venus Fly Trap (an NG Original), Blackberry Bling (an NG Original), Celestial, Moonflower, Fruitcake, Rosemary Mint Type (smells similar to Aveeno), Sticky Licky Buns (an NG Original), and Wild Musk Type (smells similar to Wild musk by Coty). Link to those that smell similar to Lush fragrances can be found at this link: CRUSH."

Edited by asheebeans

Ooooh, I was right! Here's the info from their newsletter:

"New Fragrance Oils - Newest fragrances: Honey Bunny (smells similar to Honey I washed the kids by Lush), Kismet (smells similar to Karma by Lush), and Rocking the Stars (smells similar to Rock Star by Lush), OMG Olive (smells similar to Olive Branch by Lush), Fluffy Pink Candy (smells similar to Candy Fluff by Lush), Yeah for Yummy (smells similar to Yummy Yummy by Lush), Goldie Dreadlocks (smells similar to Porridge by Lush), Venus Fly Trap (an NG Original), Blackberry Bling (an NG Original), Celestial, Moonflower, Fruitcake, Rosemary Mint Type (smells similar to Aveeno), Sticky Licky Buns (an NG Original), and Wild Musk Type (smells similar to Wild musk by Coty). Link to those that smell similar to Lush fragrances can be found at this link: CRUSH."

Cool! I just got a sample of Kismet the other day. I'll get it poured in the next few days I hope....lol