Have dye and I'm not afraid to use it lol. Does anybody else tie dye?

SteveinPA

I tried searching on here but didn't see any posts about tie dying. I started doing tie dye 1 1/2 weeks ago and love it. So far I have done tee shirts, dish towels, a beach bag, pillowcases, and some underwear. The mirror image shirt (V in the middle) was my first attempt at dying. It's probably not appropriate to post pics of my undies :tiptoe:. Just what I needed- another hobby/ obsession :laugh2: I'd love to see what other people have dyed. Click on the pics to enlarge.

post-91-139458484624_thumb.jpg

post-91-139458484627_thumb.jpg

post-91-13945848463_thumb.jpg

post-91-139458484632_thumb.jpg

post-91-139458484635_thumb.jpg

post-91-139458484637_thumb.jpg

The cat in picture 2 looks a little multi-colored...you didn't get carried away, did you? :grin2:

Back in the 70's I tie dyed everything that didn't move! Can't say that I've done much since, but I really like the patterns and colors you have going on.

Those look very cool. I bought a tie dye shirt that make the shape of a peace symbol, and I love that shirt. I'd love to figure out how they did it, but I need another hobby like I need another hole in my wallet!

Thanks! There are tutorials online on how to make different shapes. I've been reading alot about tie dyeing since I got the urge to try it. One way to make shapes is to draw a design on the fabric with a disappearing marker and paint thickened dye on the desired area. Another way is to mask off an area with melted wax, dye the fabric, then remove the wax in a pot of boiling water. There are some resists available to achieve the same results. I did see something on making a peace sign by folding a certain way but it looks like you'd need some extra hands. And yes, you do need another wallet draining hobby. I know I needed another one lol. :cheesy2:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...