Pine FO Recommendations

Second Elements Rocky Mountain. This was formerly a Flickers oil called Christmas Pines. For the holidays I use FMC's Christmas Tree. I also like CS Blue Spruce.

The strongest pine I have ever used was from Old Mill. OM's oils went to SGS/Tony's. It used to be named Rocky Mtn Pine. Don't know if they still have it but it was knock your bobby sox off strong. I had to dilute it or lower the % to use in soap and candles.

Edited by Candybee

I like the smell of Nature's Garden Candles' Christmas Tree. I use 464 too and I had to bump up my load to 8% to get a good HT. I wouldn't mind trying another FO because I think this one might cause my candles to frost. Then again, it may be frosting because it is at 8%.

Just recieved Scotch Pine from CS and oob it smells great but I will make my decision after I test its HT and CT in 415.

Mike

That was one of the ones I tested in 464 and CB-A at 6% and got poor HT, let me know how it does in 415.

Edited by rjdaines

The strongest pine I have ever used was from Old Mill. OM's oils went to SGS/Tony's. It used to be named Rocky Mtn Pine. Don't know if they still have it but it was knock your bobby sox off strong. I had to dilute it or lower the % to use in soap and candles.

Correction: the FO is named Smoky Mountain Christmas Tree. Southeern Gardens Scents still carries its:

http://southerngardenscents.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=19&products_id=228

• 2 weeks later...