Fillmore Container Oils - A few Reviews....

islandgirl

If you have not tried FMC oils in soy. I would suggest getting some.

I had stayed away because their prices were a little high compared to some other companies, but since everyone's oils have gone up, they are right in price range now with the other suppliers. So I decided to buy and try.

Glad I have been testing because I am loving these oils.

They are $18 a pound or $17 if you buy 5lbs.

http://www.fillmorecontainer.com/Fragrance-Oil/

Coffee - Just as good as ICS's which is the only company I have found that I could get a good throw out of a coffee oil in soy.

Patchouli - Very earthy no perfumes

Nutmeg & Ginger -OMG Kick butt delicious!!

Clove - Beautiful aroma for the holidays. Great throw.

Daffodil - The clean and fresh aroma of cut grass and field flowers.

Pumpkin Souffle - Nice bakery/pumpkin scent

Olive Blossom - Love this earthy scent. I need to work on this HT a little on the light side. Next one I will use more oil.

Pumpkin Spice Chutney - Not in my wax yet, but smells delicious OOB.

Caribbean Dreams - Smells just like Hawaiian Tropics Oil OOB

Star Anise - Hard to explain, but beautiful blend and relaxing scent

There are lots to choose from.. :cheesy2:

Just what I need, an enabler and a new supplier! LOL I have been wanting to try the lug jars from Fillmore but couldn't justify the shipping since I can buy other glass from Lonestar. I love all the spicy fragrances so I know where my next buy is coming from. I think this is the first Fillmore FO review I've seen.

Thanks for those reviews!

Thanks for the reviews!!

I've always been curious about their oils and since I already buy some of my jars there I might as well try some of the oils.

Good to know that someone is having luck with them in their soy!! :-)

I've been using their oils ever since they started carrying them about 3 yrs ago I think. They have some of my best sellers.

Their Iced Lemon Biscotti is TDF. Along with their Butterscotch Brulee, Hazelnut Capacchino, and Black Raspberry Vanilla. If you want a killer chocolate try their Cocoa Therapy. I am in love with it. It smells heavenly in M&P soap and parasoy and palm candles. Plus its a fabulous mixer with coffee, vanilla, etc.

Their florals have all been great. Especially the Lavender Sage & Rosemary, Honeysuckle, Cedar Garland, Lilac, Japanese Cherry Blossom, Fresh Cut Grass, and their Tuberose and Jasmine. They sell well all year long. If you haven't tried their Daffodil you must. Its my best seller in the spring.

I did not care for the Gardenia thou. It was the only floral that didn't work for me. It seemed too cloying to me and reminded me of those sickening sweet toilet bowl cleaners you drop in your toilet. Not good. Other scents that don't work for me are their Amish Friendship Bread, Bayberry Cinnamon, Avocado Cilantro, and Maple Sugar. These all smelled off to me.

But most of the oils I have tried have been very good. I also like that they are insistant on using only dark amber glass to bottle their scents. They refuse to compromise the quality of their oils and only package them in glass amber.

Edited by Candybee

BTW-- If you live close enough to drop by and pick up they are worth the drive. Their warehouse is right in the middle of a very pretty area of Lancaster and the countryside and Amish scenery is beautiful. I always see Amish farmers working in the fields or Amish children coming home from school or the horse drawn shiny black buggies riding down the road.

I buy my candle jars there too so it made sense to start using their oils. I am glad I did cause I found some great keepers.

I have recently started trying their oils too. My first to try was the Vanilla Mint..and while I love it, I wish it was a tad stronger. The other samples I bought were Olive blossom, Irish Moss, and Honeysuckle. I am putting the Olive blossom, and irish moss into wax this week. They are great, and their customer service rocks.

• 1 year later...
I was very disappointed! Horribly weak. I might have just picked the two weak ones of the whole lot.

Mandarin Peach and Nutmeg Ginger. Great OOB, but totally nothing in a lit candle.

What wax did you use? I haven't tried either of those, but the Mandarin Peach sounds pretty good. I guess they all can't be winners.

Edited by rctfavr3