Some Candles from today ^_^

Cinder

Here are some experiments of mine from this morning. The green ones are votives, scented Ocean Breeze, and the pink ones are 2 inch pillars, scented Hawaiian Mist.

Too bad the green ones smell terrible! The fragrance smelled awesome in the bottle, just not in wax, lol.....:laugh2: The hawaiian mist ones smell great tho, I'm test burning one now.

post-13595-139458482983_thumb.jpg

post-13595-139458482967_thumb.jpg

It's paraffin wax. I used dye blocks, and only a few small shavings of red and yellow to make it that translucent. I've been trying to take a pic of the pink one lit, but my camera is terrible lol.. the whole candle glows when lit, and looks so pretty.

Day Two:

The scent on the green ones is ALOT better. Liking them a bit more now! The pink one is burning nicely, just noticing one little thing. What would make a very small hissing noise occasionally when burning a candle? Could it be air bubbles in the wax?

Day Two:

The scent on the green ones is ALOT better. Liking them a bit more now! The pink one is burning nicely, just noticing one little thing. What would make a very small hissing noise occasionally when burning a candle? Could it be air bubbles in the wax?

I described it as kittens fighting in my votives when I experienced it...I was told it was from FO not being mixed in good enough. I bought a large restaurant-sized slotted spoon for stirring and have never had the problem again.