Anyone know what this is?

pixie

Hey guys,

I was flipping through Etsy lately and I came across this

http://www.etsy.com/listing/76933346/amys-place-aromatic-soy-candle-45-oz?ref=sr_list_22&ga_search_submit=&ga_search_query=soy+candle&ga_page=3&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_facet=handmade

Anyone know what kind of paper that is wrapped around the candle? I thought maybe just modge podge some kraft paper on but I dont think you would get the glow of the candle through it like it shows in the pictures. Do you think maybe its a kraft colored tissue paper? Any other ideas?

It could be handmade parchment paper. Hope the container doesn't get too hot... The paper certainly would conceal any frosting, though.

What concerns me more is the amount of absolute hogwash in her information about her candles.

Benefits

Clean Burning

Soy wax is non-toxic and burns cleaner, cooler and longer than paraffin, producing no petrol-carbon soot which can blacken walls, ceilings & furniture, and also adds toxic carcinogens into the air you breathe.

Longer Burning

Soy wax burns slower and cooler than paraffin wax, producing a longer burning candle. With time, soy wax will liquify and eventually disappear completely.

Renewable Resource

Soybeans are a vegetable based, sustainable resource – not derived from oil refinement.

Soy wax is made from soybean oil and is naturally biodegradable. Its soft, creamy texture also makes it safe to apply directly onto skin as a natural, intensive moisturizing treatment.

She really should educate herself about the manufacturing and facts about the product she is using. Folks like this who are using greenwashing as marketing promotion do all soy wax candlemakers a disservice.

Looks to me as the labels are actually inside the candle. They look like flimsy flammable craft paper put inside the candle then the wax is poured in. Not safe. That and the drivel about ethically made candles that burn soot free and the wax disappears is enough for me to steer clear of this loonie and their candles. Unless the candles are made by magic elves. There is nothing about them I would want to copy. Ugh!