Rhonda at Moonworks is a true artist, received my samples today

Does anyone know more about her? Am I correct she owned Flickers which is now carried at Elements?

I can't stop sniffing these samples. Merlins Forest, Ancient Incense, Celtic Mist, Patchouli Raspberry, Guinevere's Attraction, Witches Brew. I also tried the Sugar Cookie, need to get this in wax to compare to my other Sugar Cookies.

Merlins Forest was an incense blend by a company called RavensNest out of Atlanta. They had a great booth at the Renaissance festival every year and I had to go stock up. It has been a favorite of mine for many, many years. Just love it.

I was delighted when I found Moonworks, since my taste runs along the same lines as Rhonda's. I really like the heavy "incense like" FO's.

Just stopped by MoonWorks and Rhonda has several new FO posted that will be in stock soon.

Banana Nut Bread, Bella, Candy Cane, Cinnabon Dupe, Enchantment, Honey Bee, Saffron & Spice (which is a prebuy).

Also would love to try the Patchouli Passion but the least amount you can buy is 16oz for $25. Does anyone use this in 464 soy wax? It sounds great!

Edited by jackbenimble

I miss Flickers. Seems Elements keeps eliminating the old Flickers oils one by one. Her Honey Patchouli and Tuscan Lace are still at Elements and continue to be best sellers for me. But her fabulous Olive Blossom is being discontinued. I also hear Red Tea is also being discontinued. And some just disappeared altogether.

She has a great nose and started Moonworks because she wanted to work more with EOs and more complex FO blends I guess. She certainly has a knack for it.

BTW-- Merlins Forest is also one of my favs!

Is the Olive Blossom from Elements the same as the Floral Muse she now has? That is a very nice oil. I just got a sample of the Sugar Cookie Royale to test in incense for her. I'm not a foodie person but this actually smells pretty darn good. There is a spicy top note that you can really smell OOB. Ditto on the Merlin's Forest. Also love the Patchouli Passion and Winter Festival (not on the site).

I miss Flickers. Seems Elements keeps eliminating the old Flickers oils one by one. Her Honey Patchouli and Tuscan Lace are still at Elements and continue to be best sellers for me. But her fabulous Olive Blossom is being discontinued. I also hear Red Tea is also being discontinued. And some just disappeared altogether.

She has a great nose and started Moonworks because she wanted to work more with EOs and more complex FO blends I guess. She certainly has a knack for it.

BTW-- Merlins Forest is also one of my favs!

Rhonda's Native Princess smells identical to the patchouli honey at Elements. And Tuscan Lace smells like another Elements oil, either Whispers of Love or Sensual Secrets (which are also very similar to each other).

Is the Olive Blossom from Elements the same as the Floral Muse she now has? That is a very nice oil. I just got a sample of the Sugar Cookie Royale to test in incense for her. I'm not a foodie person but this actually smells pretty darn good. There is a spicy top note that you can really smell OOB. Ditto on the Merlin's Forest. Also love the Patchouli Passion and Winter Festival (not on the site).

That winter festival sounds interesting!

Also I have some olive blossom from Elements and it smell identical to Floral muse iMO.

Edited by jackbenimble

Thanks for the heads up on the Floral Muse/Olive Blossom. Just had a customer at the market tell me how much she loved the Olive Blossom soap she bought from me. (I am out so now I know where to get some more!)

Has anyone tried Dark Knight yet?!!! Rhonda had the best Bay Rum at Flickers and Elements didn't pick it up. Sounds like her Dark Knight would be an even better more potent sub.

Rhonda's Native Princess smells identical to the patchouli honey at Elements. And Tuscan Lace smells like another Elements oil, either Whispers of Love or Sensual Secrets (which are also very similar to each other).

I have Native Princess, and to my nose it does not smell at all like Patch Honey, to me Patchouli Passion is similar to Patch Honey.

Has anyone tried Dark Knight yet?!!! Rhonda had the best Bay Rum at Flickers and Elements didn't pick it up. Sounds like her Dark Knight would be an even better more potent sub.

I bought a sample at one time and used it in M&P. One of my co-workers buys Bay Rum soap and she really liked the fragrance. I think you could probably cut back on your normal usage because it is a bit strong. Rhonda definitely has a knack for kicking things up a notch. Even though I may not like all of her fragrances, I can appreciate the complexities.

eta: I just saw a fragrance she added called Winter in Briarwood. Anyone ever try that? Sounds awesome. As does Bella and Enchantment.

Paul, she may bring Winter Festival back closer to fall/winter. That is when I picked some up. It's a pine scent but has other notes in it as well, just can't remember what they are. A very good Christmas scent. Elements has one called Rocky Mountains which is very nice as well. Not sure if it's the same as the MW oil.

Edited by ProudMarineMom

I have Native Princess, and to my nose it does not smell at all like Patch Honey, to me Patchouli Passion is similar to Patch Honey.

I agree. The NP is not like Patch Honey, but the PP is near identical.

Bella is really great, it's not a new one, but it looks like she is restocking it soon.

The new Winter in Briarwood sounds awesome! I can't wait for that, and the chocolate hemp.

Elements has one called Rocky Mountains which is very nice as well. Not sure if it's the same as the MW oil.

This is the original "Christmas Pines" Rhonda had at Flickers. Elements changed the name to Rocky Mountain. I still use it year round in soap and candles. Its an awesome soft pine scent.

Thanks for the tip on her Dark Knight. I used to make M&P soap with her Bay Rum and mixed 50/50 with BW Black Irish. (BTW-- Connie is another wicked mixstress when it comes to blending FOs.) Made a wonderful scent combo. I'll have to try it with the Dark Knight. I also have a wholesale account I think would like the Dark Knight but I will have to get a sample first.

Edited by Candybee

I was thinking the same thing. I'm still using a bar of soap I put it in and I can't get that real perfume note from it that I get from the old Patch Honey either.

I was thinking the same thing. I'm still using a bar of soap I put it in and I can't get that real perfume note from it that I get from the old Patch Honey either.

Yes, that is what I noticed....and I'm not sure which I like better, but since her patchouli passion price pre buy price ends tonight, I think I'm heading over there for a pound. Any one use patch passion in soy or soy blend??

Yes, that is what I noticed....and I'm not sure which I like better, but since her patchouli passion price pre buy price ends tonight, I think I'm heading over there for a pound. Any one use patch passion in soy or soy blend??

I use a soy blend and the Patchouli Passion does VERY well in it -- in fact, I've never had a bad oil from MW!!

I just soaped patchouli passion yesterday (CP) and it is just so lovely.

I think I will soap celtic myst and/or spirit of avalon today.

I've never had a bad oil from Flicker's or MW either! That is why I am so looking forward to the expansion she is doing right now.