Input on my lables

Yvelis

I have been struggling to make some labels to my soycandles.

I need some feedback on these, is there anything missing? Should I remove my website and put in burntime and weigh instead?

I can't add a new line, it would make everything to small and hard to read.

post-13279-139458482543_thumb.jpg

I love the clean, elegant look of the label. I would add the weight but not the burn time. Burn time varies with how someone burns it and I wouldn't want to mislead anyone. I put my web addy on my warning label.

Your labels look nice. I would definitely add weight and burn times on the label as its standard label info for candles. You can always add it on the warning label if the name label has limited space.

Concern about burn time confusing your customer is not a good reason to not have the info on your label. I list an approximate burn time range based on testing results.

I prefer to put my website info on both my name and warning labels. Its free advertising and some customers never look at the warning label. But contact information must be somewhere on your candle label.

Edited by Candybee

Looks very elegant, but if you are capitalizing Handmade, you should also capitalize the rest of the phrase for continuity, or don't use capitals on any of the three words. I think adding just the net weight would be enough; don't want to clutter up a good thing...what is the rule of thumb; put on all your jewels and accessories, and remove one piece?

• 5 months later...

VERY classy design!! It will be perfect with the few tweaks suggested.

Since you are not in the US, you may want to see if there are label laws you have to go by in your country... Sweden, right? In the US, for example, we must include the name and address of the manufacturer and the net weight of the contents (in metric or US and metric). Ingredients are not needed, but we do have to say it's a candle somewhere on the label. We have to use a warning label with certain wording in a certain size to meet regulations. If we are exporting the candles for sale to another country, other regulations have to be met, depending on where they are going to be sold. No burn time is required for a US label (or even wise to include since it varies depending on how the candle is burned, as previously mentioned)... HTH

Edited by Stella1952

Your label is clean and neat. I agree on adding the weight. Burn time? The warning label tells how long to burn on each burning...is that what is meant by burn time in this thread? I have never seen a candle with a total burn time for the candle on it anywhere. That is so variable depending on burn conditions.

Edited by TraciS

I haven't seen anything like that either Traci.

When I look at the label all I see is the fragrance (that's what first pops out at me.) I would up the font size on your name so you are not easily forgotten. I know the name comes first, but my eye is drawn to the fragrance and makes me want to forget the rest, so when it comes time to reorder, I don't remember who you are. Since I'm not likely to take the jar with me, I'll buy from someone else with a white label.