Need suggestions for deep/complex/woody/ resin/amber/patch/ sandalwood FOs

Nah there will always be bakery freaks and then there will always be freaks like me who LOVE woody, resinous, ambery, Patch (mostly) and sandalwood FOs lol!

All of them combine well with a ton of scents out there. All of them stand very well on their own too. Specifically are you looking for combinations of those scents with each or other fragrances or both?

AH/RE has one called Sweet Amber Musk that is so beautiful and I love Blue Skies and then there is Daystar's Tuscan Lace (same as Indonesion Teak to me). Poured up some eucalyptus last night with spearmint, some with lavender and some with a little patch and they were all good. I'm getting people who want more summery botanical scents right now and so anything like (gag) Gardenia or Jasmine is good and they mix well with sandalwood or patch IMHO. Anyone remember that GL scent Magic of India? I still have some of that and love it.

Steve

Nah there will always be bakery freaks and then there will always be freaks like me who LOVE woody, resinous, ambery, Patch (mostly) and sandalwood FOs lol!

All of them combine well with a ton of scents out there. All of them stand very well on their own too. Specifically are you looking for combinations of those scents with each or other fragrances or both?

Thank you everyone. As always, this board is very giving and I appreciate it!

I'm looking for blends within these "deep" scent families ready from the suppliers rather than blending my own. I ordered samples, in this scent family, from Moonworks. Looking for more ideas from other suppliers.

If you have not tried Stonehenge from Bittercreek, you should. It is so good.

Here is the description: Archipelago Type Smoked Cedar Wood, Bergamot, and Amber blend perfectly to invoke the ancient mysteries of the Druids!

If you have not tried Stonehenge from Bittercreek, you should. It is so good.

Here is the description: Archipelago Type Smoked Cedar Wood, Bergamot, and Amber blend perfectly to invoke the ancient mysteries of the Druids!

I've been visiting all the supplier's sites and reading these descriptions and falling in love. Much more interesting than reading the bakery descriptions. Leah, Stonehedge is on my order list - thank you!!!

I second the Sweet Amber Musk from AH/RE... very pretty scent, and makes a fabulous blender. I also recommend:

Wood Vanilla- Daystar (my ABSOLUTE favorite. Don't judge it OOB though... put it in something!)

Egyptian Dragon (the best one was Southern Soapers, IMO, but OT's is good. Never tried other supplier's versions)

Ambra de Nepal (Daystar and Scent Works carries this one)

Sensual Amber (BBW Type)- The only version I've tried was from the Chemistry Store, but it looks like they no longer carry it. A few other suppliers have it, but I can't personally give you my opinions on their sniff factor. :)

Candlescience's Angel is amazing....it is very deep and earthy, with a touch of patchouli

Everyone that comes in my office when I have this one going cannot get over the smell and end up buying some- its very seductive, lasts a very long time- in a melt anyways, I am still trying to wick it correct in a candle, it is a very heavy oil