Fellow Arizonians...

I'm Not from Arizona But I Looked to see where some suppliers are located for you....

Peak Candle Supply Denver, Co.

Candle Science Morrisville, NC.

Lone Star Candle Supply is in Texas

Those are the ones I use and I live south of Phoenix

I'm in Tucson.

Cheapest shipping is General Wax in LA. You may enjoy their status jar containers and their restaurant victorian containers. Both are affordable with cheap shipping. I order regular shipping and the stuff shows up in 2 days.

That said, their 128 and 140 MP wax is rather interesting to play with. Neither hold more than 4 percent FO but both throw rather well at that amount (cost effective FO). The wax comes from China.

Mix either with IGI wax and you have a heck of an awesome thrower that holds up to 18 percent FO load. So I use the 128 with Harmony for containers and tarts and the 140 with 4794 for a project on votives. I might try this for pillars, but for now I'm sticking with IGI 4625.

Next is Peak. Very affordable for shipping to Tucson. I like those folks and they pay attention to their order details.

Lonestar is third for shipping and only barely cheaper than the rest of the world, meaning that if you see a sale in the midwest, it might be worth checking out.

Edited by EricofAZ

Thank you all soo much! I will definately check them out!

Eric, What do you mean about cost effective FO? That only having to use 4% is cost effective, or you have to use cost effective FO? Is the wax coming from China a bad thing??

jluper - wax from China is not necessarily a bad thing. I know they produce it cheap there and the shipping is container size, so GenWax has a huge markup. I have more respect for companies that make an honest profit rather than ones that try to take a wax that is inferior to the IGI and actually charge more. That said, there is some property to this Chinese wax that can't be overlooked, ie, the ability to throw well on 4 percent FO. That's what I mean by efficient.

So put the additives in the Chinese wax or mix it with IGI and increase the FO load to 10 percent or more and you get some really powerful throwers IMHO. or leave it alone and stay with 4 percent for an average thrower with affordable amounts of FO.

Edited by EricofAZ