Another craft fair tent question :-)

The fair I am attending this weekend is a two day event. What is the best way that you have found to secure your tent at night after the first day? And do you usually leave your product in the tent overnight, or do you pack it up at night and unpack again the next morning?

Thanks!

We will leave our displays and less expensive product, but always pack up warmers, jars, etc. Even if there is overnight security, thing still happen...

We lower our tent, make sure the sides are all zipped and secured and that it is anchored to the ground tightly. A lot of times the neighboring crafters will tie the tents togther. I have always wanted to leave all my products there overnight, but, would not be happy if my merchandise were stolen/damaged.

HTH

I've never packed up anything, but I did learn at the first one that the roof sometimes leaks even with waterproofing so I cover all tables with el cheapo painter's plastic. Lower the canopy, secure the sides and head home. Oh, and take your cash box with you!

I put all the product under the table, cover them with plastic, then lower the tent.. someone would have to try REALLY hard to get to the product, so its ideal for security shows. Like envy said, pack up your expensive product though if you're worried about it... but I leave the majority of items

OH- I dont leave bath bombs or moisture loving products.

Thanks for your input guys... I went out today and bought the side covers for my canopy, the only thing that was disappointing was the fact that I had paid $109 for my canopy last year and it was on sale for $59!! ( So I bought another one too ;-) ) I will also take one of my tarps to cover the tables at night. Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it!

I leave heavy, durable items there, and transport everything else that I would mind being stolen or tampered with. (I do mostly B&B) Last year a tornado blew through a 3-day fair one night. Most tents were twisted messes. The EZ-UP made it through unscathed. I was so happy to have had my stock safely away from there though!

I put all sides around my tent to close it up for the night. I also lower my tent to 'half mast' making it harder to get into but mostly to give it a bit more protection from wind that might blow threw the night. I always anchor my tent down with heavy weights.

As far as product, I have done both leaving it and packing it up to take home for the night. Don't leave it if your inner voice is telling you not to. I always rely on my instinct and listen to that inner voice. LOL Most of the time I pack it all up but leave tables and displays on site. If I do leave my stuff its in large plastic watertight tubs. My candles are in boxes I leave packed tightly together on the table top wrapped in a water proof tarp. You never know if a night rain or morning mist will soak the area and the ground so everything on the tabletops wrapped tightly with a tarp on top to keep moisture, rain, etc. off.

BTW-- I wouldn't count on an EzyUp tent or any other to be tornado or updraft proof. You were very lucky Talltayl. I'm glad you didn't lose your tent!

Edited by Candybee