PAPPASHOP.COM - Let's hear it!

Some of you that know us and what we have went through on our site will get one heck of a laugh out of this =)

So now the giggles are all over, what info does anyone have on this host? Were going to switch here soon and looking around for a "not so country / kitchy" host (no offense Designer???) I forgot the numbers =)

Anywho so lets hear what you guys have to say about PappaShop.com =)

TIA!

I have used PappaShops in the past, I have nothing negative about the experience but I will say that I have been working with Toni from http://www.diyshoppes.com a division of http://www.thedesignshoppe.com/ and I have been completely at awe with her customer service.

I have had six different website companies over the past few years and this one is far exceeding them all. It is a similar set up to PappaShops but they are able to customize a lot more options.

:)

Some of you that know us and what we have went through on our site will get one heck of a laugh out of this =)

So now the giggles are all over, what info does anyone have on this host? Were going to switch here soon and looking around for a "not so country / kitchy" host (no offense Designer???) I forgot the numbers =)

Anywho so lets hear what you guys have to say about PappaShop.com =)

TIA!

You do realize, do you not, that your site design is your choice, not the hosts? If you don't like "country" or "kitchy", go with what you like. It really is your choice.

You do realize, do you not, that your site design is your choice, not the hosts? If you don't like "country" or "kitchy", go with what you like. It really is your choice.

Oh yes we do understand this point Silver. Just to design our own would take to much time tbh and we liked alot of the templates that were available from Pappashop compared to say DIY, Now I did see one from DIY that was MUCH more colorful then the plain old brown/tanish one's they have listed on their site... Going to have to put a call into them and talk a bit more. But between the 2 they both seem to have around the same functions. =)

We recommend http://www.diyestores.com/

Their support is awesome. Most concerns and issues are replied to and solved within less than 2 hours, sometimes the first response back is less than 15 minutes.

Is very easy to set up and shopping cart integration was EASY.

You can buy your style of graphics from selected artists with them and websets are reasonable.

Did you check out all the different designers for Designer218? There are a lot, with all sorts of graphics/templates you can use, different prices, and a lot of them aren't even close to "country/kitchi".

P.S. And don't even think of calling my template "Country/kitchi", LOL!

There is a VAST difference between DIYestores and Designer 218. I've had both. Designer 218 blows DIYestores out of the water, both with ease of use and customer support.

The look of your site, topper, index, images, product placement, the whole enchilada, is entirely your choice. Nowhere is it written that you have to use a design shown on the host's gallery or a designer under contract with the host. I think you're making it out to be much more difficult than it is. I designed my own. I knew what size I wanted the banner to be, knew where I wanted this and that, simply gave the dimensions to Mandi, she did her magic, and that was that. I've got several different designs made up and if I feel like changing the look or the colors of my site at 3:00 a.m., I'm free to do so.

Website hosting and website design are two completely different entities. To say you don't like kitchi is simply to say you don't like the look of specific sites. This should have no reflection whatsoever on the hosting company. Sure, you can pick ready made designs and some are one-of-a-kind, but that's your choice and has nothing to do with the host unless you want it to. I don't think you do understand. If you don't like brownish/tannish, make it pink and purple with orange puppies. Throw whatever you want on your site. It's your site, after all.

Edited by SliverOfWax

Just FYI, PappaShop offers the EXACT same software that Designer218 offers. The only difference will be the look of the software.

As everyone else has suggested, you should be looking for a designer to change the "country / kitchy" because almost all DIY hosts will have the same software.

• 5 weeks later...

On pappashop it says they charge extra if you don't want shipping based on a charge for each item...so if you want to charge according to total dollar amount, it says they charge extra to make those changes. Does Designer218 offer both shipping options?

Just a heads up and seeming that we did start this thread thought an update would be in order =)

We do understand the difference in hosting and designing and after a very long process of debating and researching all the different shopping carts available we opted to use an open source cart called NopCommerce.

While it is open source and compared to Zen Cart and others it is newish, we liked the feel of the design (already in place) and the back end has a ton of features that some others charge much more for. Now not saying it was easy at all but set up was fairly simple on GoDaddy hosting and everything is so easy to use after installing =)

As for design work, well...its in the works but for now we like the look, feel and style of the site compared to many of the others out there.

Again, just an update and sorry if there was any confusion about the "design" aspect of things =)