Favorite liquid dye for all soy candles?

I'm going to follow this thread - Thanks for starting it Always Wondering! I use CS liquid and notice a good deal of frosting issues with the Navy and Red/Cinnamons both in the CB-135 (Usually have frost issues anyway) and with an 80% PB/20% 135 blend. Will be looking for recommendations ...

• 4 weeks later...

I really liked the no odor EVO dyes because I don't like the chemical smell either. Unfortunately, I'm just not having much luck with them in my system. And it's just me not liking them, nothing against the dyes.

Then I picked up some for CS, which I liked a little better. Although I'm not getting the frosting like you are Judy, the wax seemed to turn thick (like syrup) with the burgandy and the red. And because of it, I was fighting with the wicking. So, still not real happy.

Saw this thread, and a couple of others, and took the recommendation to try the dye from Lonestar. Just got those and have tried the cinnamon, red and blue. So far, I'm really liking them. The chemical smell has not come through in the finished product, I don't need as many drops, and I'm getting some nice colors. I've used them in soy melts and palm candles. Just started a test burn on a palm container this morning. Going to try to make some soy candles today, see how that goes.

For my soy candles, I use mostly 464 with a small amount of 4630 paraffin (to help with the frosting and morphing). For the melts, a blend of PB, 464 and a small amount of 4630. The above is just my observations with my system.

I'm interested in what others have to say as well.

Following this thread too.

So far I've only played with the peaks liquid dyes & I'm thinking that I need to get something a little better suited to soy because I've had crazy frosting. I was planning to try the EVOs (and probobly still am) but the cost is a little bit high for me (CS shipping and JBN almost $10/bottle) so I'm hesitating. I'd love to hear what others have worked well with people. I'm using C-3