CS Honeycomb

Candybee

Just got a sample of this so here's my OOB review.

I liked this right away. Has a natural soft pure honey scent that makes me think of the word golden. LOL Can't say why but I think its because I can detect the honeycomb notes which makes me think of golden honey from the comb. Like the description from CS the comb does have an earthiness and I also detect a slight tartness and its definitely unique. Have not smelled a honey fragrance like this one. At least not one with a note of the comb itself.

This one strikes me more of a B&B and soap scent but I bet it pops in wax. When I smell this I want to put this in some M&P and then try it in candles. But I am also thinking this would be a great mixer with lavender, lemon, peach, patchouli, or anything you want to add a honey sweetness to. I think this is a keeper. Can't wait to put it in wax and soap.

I want to add that as I keep smelling this I notice that the sweetness of the honey notes and the tart/earthiness of the comb seem equally balanced. Its one of those things that I can't tell which may be the stronger note once in the application-- or if they stay the same.

Edited by Candybee

Shame on you for enabling me!! I just ordered a bottle cause I couldn't get the thought of a honey/lavender blend out of my head..and a honey patch blend sounds nice....and there are a couple of other combos I think I'll try.

I make a honey lemon scrub M&P soap and wanted to try mixing the honeycomb with lemon verbana and see if I like it better than my current lemon scent. So I ordered both to try out.

But I will make up a candle next week with just the honeycomb straight and report back what I think.

Honey/lemon - that sounds nice. If it works, you can name it Hot Toddy :smiley2:

when my order comes in, I'll make one candle with the straight honeycomb, another with Lav and another with Patch. I have a CS FO (Asian Amber) that is a little too 'green' for my taste but thinking about blending the honeycomb at maybe 3:1 and see how it works.....all depends on which way the wild-hair leans!!!

Just thinking about it, I have all these blending ideas...

I blend the Asian Amber with the Himalayan Bamboo for my M&P soap. It was also very strong in my parasoy blend candles.

Go light on the amber its strong. It also mixes well with gardenia. (Bamboo+Gardenia+Amber) Reminds me of a lush tropical floral rain forest.

Edited by Candybee

I just put some Honeycomb in a GG wax candle yesterday. In palm wax it does not smell anything like the OOB scent. Nor do I smell any honey notes anymore. This may sound weird but it now smells strongly like bitter tea and vanilla. Not what I was expecting. Seems like the comb notes overpowered the honey when put in palm. Maybe it will do better in soy or paraffin but since I make palm I am not going to use it. Its a shame the honey notes got drowned out.

If someone tries it in soy I'd be interested to know if it smells more like the OOB.

I got impatient and lit the tester. With only a few hrs of set-up time, it is throwing very well and the scent is just a tad more comb than honey but still good.

6oz hex jar

4630 paraffin

5% FO

Eco 6

dye: 1 drop yellow, 1 toothpick brown

Glad its working for you in the 4630. But it smells downright nasty in the GG. I hate the bitter notes that overhwhelmed the scent. I don't smell any honey whatsoever in the palm. I'm not going to even try this in M&P. Don't want to waste mine.:mad:

• 3 weeks later...