Where is everyone buying their palm wax from now?

I have bought my palm wax from candlescience in the past but I see they no longer carry it. Nu scents does not carry it anymore either.

Where do you get your palm wax from (glass glow)? I am familiar with Peaks but am looking for other options. I live in the midewest btw. If there is a supplier near Illinois, that would be great!

Thanks!

I've been getting mine at Aztec (Knoxville, TN I believe). It is the new Britz Wax that IGI has started using after the debacle with the quality control issues with the old supplier. It is pretty much exactly the same as the old wax, haven't had to adjust the wicking that much. And looks pretty much the same.

http://www.candlemaking.com/store/Glassglow-Container-Palm-Wax---Case-R2322-P2326C42.aspx

Cheers,

Steve

Get mine at Aztec too. Cheaper for me than ordering from Peaks. I also get the Britz company GG palm. It works the same for me at the Asa Sumi GG or whatever their name was. But I kinda like Britz better. Can't say why the difference in each brand is almost imperceptible. But the flakes are a bit smaller or more compact and slightly heavier. It seems whiter to me and smells fresher. The burn is identical and the coloring is consistent. Time will tell if they keep product consistent from batch to batch. Thats the trick.

Just ordered a slab from Peak to experiment blending with 464. After hearing of the previous issues, I wanted to order from a dependable company that I could trust to rectify any problems. Not that Aztec isn't, but I have never ordered from them before. So, I thought I'd order from a company I knew would have my back if there was a problem. I should place an order with Aztec, just to check CS, and the product line.

When IGI had the issues with their palm wax, Aztec was very good at fixing the problem for me. They informed me that they had the new Britz wax coming in and would replace all the bad cases with the new wax on their dime. CS was very good. The only problem I have with Aztec is they include a box/handling charge on smaller than pallet orders. This really irritates me, but it is still the cheapest option for me. Palm wax does not come in slab form (that I am aware of), so if you get a "slab" of something, it is not palm, LOL!

Cheers,

Steve

I am testing the palm waxes with Taylored Concepts. The pillar blend looks to be feather, and their container looks to be glassglow. They are called Robnat wax. Taylored is local for me.

I just checked their wax and the description says it produces a 'crystal' like appearance. This sounds to me like its crystal container palm and not glass glow. I have never seen glass glow described that way. I always see it advertised as glass glow. Are you familiar with both types of palm? When you get your wax can you clarify for us which it is. Thx.

I just checked their wax and the description says it produces a 'crystal' like appearance. This sounds to me like its crystal container palm and not glass glow. I have never seen glass glow described that way. I always see it advertised as glass glow. Are you familiar with both types of palm? When you get your wax can you clarify for us which it is. Thx.

I have not used Glass Glow. This is my first try with palm wax. On Peak's website they describe their GG having a "crystal like appearance" as well, so I would assume they are similiar. I am not sure if Taylored is the same, but the wax is very pretty and does produce crystal/icicles. Throw is good too. HTH