Tart melters/candle warmers

scifichik

For those who carry these items in their booths or at shows, who do you choose as your supplier?

We do have a wholesale account with Candle Warmers, but haven't yet placed our first order with them.

We'd like to test a few models (from whatever supplier) to determine how our melts/tarts will work with them, but don't really want to purchase an entire case of product at a time during this process. Suggestions are much appreciated!

I was considering placing an order from Candle Warmers but was waiting until I could see one in person. This weekend while vising my mother out of town she showed me one her neighbor bought her as a gift. It was beautiful! To me they are as good as what I have seen from Scentsy. Both my sister-in-law have warmers from Scentsy and I was hoping to find someone who sold warmers similar to theirs and I think Candle Warmers come very close. My mothers is one of the New ones they feature and it's the creme color. I think you'll be happy with their product. Hope that helps.

I like candlewarmers.com, the bigger ones are huge for a great price BUT out of the 12 warmers I ordered I only received 6. They also take a couple weeks to get. They seem to not be able to keep their warmers in stock. Also the light bulb is different in the bigger warmers than others like OBI and they cost more. Now the smaller warmers with the plate are beautiful, the plate is bigger than OBI's.

As for OBI, I live in PA so it only took not even a week to get my order and all the warmers were there. Now out of the several times that I've placed an order with them I had one lightbulb socket unscrewed in the warmer, which was an easy fix. Light bulbs aren't that costly. The only warmer I had an issue with tart wise was the square americana one, I didn't like how much hangup was on the sides of it while the tart melted oh and I did have 1 problem with the switch not working with one just traded the base with another one for a customer.

Jackel haven't ordered from them, maybe some day.

Edited by mindy5140

I like candlewarmers.com, the bigger ones are huge for a great price BUT out of the 12 warmers I ordered I only received 6. They also take a couple weeks to get. They seem to not be able to keep their warmers in stock. Also the light bulb is different in the bigger warmers than others like OBI and they cost more. Now the smaller warmers with the plate are beautiful, the plate is bigger than OBI's.

As for OBI, I live in PA so it only took not even a week to get my order and all the warmers were there. Now out of the several times that I've placed an order with them I had one lightbulb socket unscrewed in the warmer, which was an easy fix. Light bulbs aren't that costly. The only warmer I had an issue with tart wise was the square americana one, I didn't like how much hangup was on the sides of it while the tart melted oh and I did have 1 problem with the switch not working with one just traded the base with another one for a customer.

Jackel haven't ordered from them, maybe some day.

I had the same hang up issue with the Americana with my wax. Good customer service at OBI, and they will let you order samples without meeting the minimum. Ask for Ian.

For those who carry these items in their booths or at shows, who do you choose as your supplier?

We do have a wholesale account with Candle Warmers, but haven't yet placed our first order with them.

We'd like to test a few models (from whatever supplier) to determine how our melts/tarts will work with them, but don't really want to purchase an entire case of product at a time during this process. Suggestions are much appreciated!

Candle Warmers are very nice but I don't like the price of the bulbs. Or the fact I can only get bulbs from them. I want my customers to be able to find bulbs anywhere. Jackel only sells the warmer type and they are beautiful. Why don't you buy a couple from classified, to see which you like?

I just got in 5 cases from CandleWarmers and I'm VERY happy with them! As the OP said, the look is very similar to Scentsy's warmers. So far I have only received 6 of the Scentsy-style (ordered mostly the plate-style) and have 12 more backordered. They told me they were backordered when I placed the order, but they're due in later this week, so that was no problem for me.

The person I ordered from was very helpful--I e-mailed her a tentative order for a shipping quote. Since my original order was close to $200, she responded with the info that they cap shipping at 15% on orders over $300, so for not much more money, I got a lot more warmers--a total of 66 warmers with shipping of only $45. Now the big job is to sell them!!

From the expensive appearance of the Illuminations style warmers, I have a feeling I didn't order enough of those and probably too many of my "old faithfuls."

Edited to add: The reason I started this long-winded post was to tell you that before placing the order, I took my CandleWarmers catalog to the hardware store to make sure they carried the bulbs that fit the warmers, and Ace Hardware did have them.

Edited by Alajane

My favorite plugins are the ones from Levine. A lot of people want the really cute plug ins (Candlewarmers, Scentsy) until they see how hard it is to empty and not make a mess. Then they see the 2 pc and love it! I sell both Candlewarmer & Levine in the plugins but I sell Levine's about 6 to 1 over Candlewarmer.

Large I buy Jackel, Candlewarmers (the big squares sell like hotcakes for some reason) and Levine's combo warmers.

Edited to add: The reason I started this long-winded post was to tell you that before placing the order, I took my CandleWarmers catalog to the hardware store to make sure they carried the bulbs that fit the warmers, and Ace Hardware did have them.

I read that Candlewarmers made their lights different so your customers had to come to you for their bulbs.

I'll check again, cause I would re-order if I knew the bulbs could be bought in stores.