Imprint on Religious Candles? How?

Interesting. I did a google search for water slide (never heard that term before) and realized that I already have some paper here that goes in the inkjet and can then be coated with clearcoat, and soaked, and used as a decal. I did that when I had finished a custom paint job on a bicycle.

This site looks interesting.

http://www.decalpaper.com/category-s/1.htm

and

Edited by EricofAZ

Just make sure you wipe down the area on the pillar, etc. with alcohol or the decals may not stick properly. I also underwick a bit so my pillars leave a shell. You definately don't want the paper in your melt pool. :cool2:

I am having a senior moment this morning and can't think of what you call it(and I have a ton), but the way to do tapers is to use those small plastic cutouts...you know, the things you use for other crafts to put an image on something...that you take a brush, dab in paint, get the excess off, and then dab on the plastic, and when done, just lift the plastic off and the image is on the candle or other object. What is this crafting technique called? Can you tell I haven't had any coffee yet?:laugh2:I do it all the time with melted wax, but you have to work fast. You can also fill in with the wax pens. :tiptoe:

I have used decal paper from Beldecal with good success. I add a little tacky glue to the candle area to be covered by the stencil to decrease the chance of bubbling. It works like a charm.

For smaller areas to decorate and finer print, what about using a kistka?

Wow, I looked up kistka - that sounds like a lot of fun. I don't want to do that for production work, but maybe hand signed candles or some special projects could really benefit from one of those.

Edited by EricofAZ