How much product do you keep on hand

comfortscents

I also asked this in the candle section. I've been closed for 2 years and I'm reopening and right off the bat I have an order for 300 guest soaps...but my question is how much base on an average day do you have sitting in your workroom...I just ordered 96 lbs from WSP, found 20 lbs that I had no idea I bought thru a coop here and plan on ordering at least another 50 lbs. I never have less than 50lbs on hand...how about u?

LOL only 10 lbs, but I'm just getting into soap and I'm just a hobby crafter now.

I remember when I started making candles and would buy 10 lb slabs. I was amazed that some people called those 'sample' slabs!

RE: wax: during the busy months I keep about 75 lbs. of pastilles ready for candles/tarts/melts. All work with my single wax, luckily. RE: soap...I am just learning, and so far have captured the young girl group. Could use some scent ideas...they seem to request candy scents.

RE: wax: during the busy months I keep about 75 lbs. of pastilles ready for candles/tarts/melts. All work with my single wax, luckily. RE: soap...I am just learning, and so far have captured the young girl group. Could use some scent ideas...they seem to request candy scents.

There's so many, pink sugar, cotton candy, lollipop, gum drops twinkle toes, Cinderella's slipper...plus be creative and pick some basic scents and give them Gorky names...I do a vanilla, rose and baby powder combo and call it "you go girl"

I've looked all over my WSP soap base box and on their site, trying to figure out if there is a expiration date for m&p base....I'm going to buy 100 pounds of soap base from the chemistry store...someone was kind enough to send me some to try and I like it...once the soap stamps come I want to play with that also. My basement has been cleared and I put pallets down, it's cool and dark perfect for storing if there's a decent shelf life I'm going to shoot for 300lbs of ea pillar & container wax and 300 lbs of soap base

I usually keep about 100 lbs of soap base around, unless it's the holidays. Then I keep about 200 lbs on hand for special orders, last minute orders etc. I think it depends on what type of base(s) you use, where your supplier is located (I can usually get mine in 1-2 days), and how much business you generate.

I've never had soap base sit for too long but I don't believe it goes bad. It's kind of like wax, I suppose.

It would depend on how much $$ you have to tie up in supplies and how fast you are going to use it AND how fast you can get it.

I don't play with M & P much but I usually have about 5-10 pounds here to play with when I feel like it. (Which has been about a year) But for CP supplies I always have 100 pounds of oils and usually about 150 bars of soap on hand.

Candle supplies that's a whole other story.

Yeah. Storage is critical. Always keep it cool and dry. M&P will sweat in hot and/or humid temps.

I can never keep enough base. If I have only 20lbs left I panic. Currently I buy in at least 50-100 lb increments but wish I had more to spend. I would love to buy in 300-500 lbs at a time but that will be when I can afford it.

I do a lot of craft shows and farmers markets and take about 300+ soaps at 4oz each or about 75+ lbs. So I go thru a lot of soap. And that is just one day for one weekend and doesn't include website orders or wholesale orders. From May thru December I have shows every weekend and end up ordering several times a year. It would be a dream to have a large stock of base so I didn't have to worry about having enough base.:rolleyes2