GRRRR Brain Fried anyone??

How many of you are soo busy that you have become brain fried? Well, I actually have brain fried moments often with candle making LOL.. Thank god I always catch my moments before its way too late.

Yesterday- poured tarts ( 1st pour) and as they were sitting ( 20 mins) realized, I FORGOT THE FRAGRANCE .. GRRRR Knew it would be too much of a mess to try to get them out and start over, so I let the first pour cool, put in freezer, took out and throw back in pot .. Added fragrance and I was good to go.

Tonight- pouring chunks for chunk candles and realized that I forgot the dye for the chunks.. boy was that a mess to get out of the pan to put back in the pour pot.

Is it only me that does this kinda stuff?? I get so mad at myself because I am wasting time when I do this.. :-(

Christina

You are not the only one! Last night I forgot the dye for 1 candle (then couldn't get it out of the mold today before I left for work!:mad: ) I forgot the fragrance in a 4lb batch that went into the tins. Didn't notice until they were poured. It was not fun getting the wax back into the pour pot. I now have brown wax all over the outside of my cute christmas tins! Burned myself with the heat gun!

Oh and the show stopper!! I had left my presto on at 200 degrees with about 2 lbs of wax in it on SUNDAY (I think! I don't think I did it Monday, but Ya never know!) night!! Didn't realize it until lastnight. That could have been bad!!!!

Definitely fried brain syndrome over here too. It poured rain all day, so much so that the pool almost overflowed. I finally unburied my head from work and ran out to start the draining. HOURS later I remembered it was draining and found the water level way too low. So, had to add water back in to the pool. lol It's still raining. gah!

It was at that point that I knew it was time to quit working, fix myself a libation and chill out. I'll be so glad when things calm down a bit. :)

I have fried myself the last few days, working on presents. I have been making candles, candles, candles, and more candles, in addition to bath melts(those things are a HUGE hit), and all the other stuff. I am also making this huge throw for my MIL, and it is killing me trying to get it done on time.

In fact, I nearly tried to make a pillar candle out of J223 today. THAT would have been interesting. Ugh. Need sleep.

How many of you are soo busy that you have become brain fried? Well, I actually have brain fried moments often with candle making LOL.. Thank god I always catch my moments before its way too late.

Yesterday- poured tarts ( 1st pour) and as they were sitting ( 20 mins) realized, I FORGOT THE FRAGRANCE .. GRRRR Knew it would be too much of a mess to try to get them out and start over, so I let the first pour cool, put in freezer, took out and throw back in pot .. Added fragrance and I was good to go.

Tonight- pouring chunks for chunk candles and realized that I forgot the dye for the chunks.. boy was that a mess to get out of the pan to put back in the pour pot.

Is it only me that does this kinda stuff?? I get so mad at myself because I am wasting time when I do this.. :-(

Christina

I've done those things too!

Gosh, I was just thinking about this last night! I haven't forgotten dye or scent recently, but trying to keep all the orders straight and figuring out what to make next is driving me bonkers!!:P This is my first Christmas season selling, so this is new to me. I'm loving the cash, but geesh, this is turning into work!!!

Oh yeah. But I'm on break LMAO! All that's left to do is make a batch of candles for my mom after I clear out the pots.

Ditto for me. My candle making room is in our basement. It was, sadly to say time to clean up. We had a Christmas with friends party down there the other night and now all the normal family gatherings going on. My sons are asking for fudge and iced sugar cookies, so had to wind up the candle stuff. Come December 26th, I'll be back at it.

How about being so overwhelmed with your business that the teacher phones you and reminds you that you have to come and pick up your kid. :shocked2:

Oh wow! And here I cant wait until Ally is in school all day (like she will be next year) Right now in K4 she only goes for 2 1/2 hours, that isnt much time....lol