How many offer oils for warmers?

Wessex

Howdy All,

Done the search thing and decided to get some more opinions. How many of you sell scented oil for oil warmers? Since I had everything on hand, I decided to make a few samples for myself. Did the 50/50 mix with FO and DPG and tried some out in an oil warmer I had. Right now am using Merlin's Forest and it is doing great. Tiny bit of smoking with the bulb turned up to the highest setting, but that stopped when I dialed it back a bit. So it seems like a fairly easy thing to make, and I have all the ingredients on hand. The only thing I would have to purchase would be containers. Figured the 1 oz Amber Boston Rounds would be the best. So I guess I am just wondering if this would be a nice addition to my product line? Any input would be appreciated. Oh, and if you are willing to say, what price do you sell them?

Thanks guys and gals,

Steve

Used to sell the oils ... but not much demand now that the wax melts have become popular.

Have a few customers who were deep into aromatherapy with essential oil/water in a warmer but even they have converted to wax. I make unscented clamshells for them - and they just add their own EO's to the melted wax.

We've been selling them for three years. The only reason I still offer them is because I still have the bottles I purchased to make them with. When I finish up what I have, I'll be discontinuing them. I wish they sold better because they are so easy to make, but our tarts just sell better.

For reference, we sell ours (.5oz) for $6.00

Thanks for the replies. Looks like it is not worth getting too involved with. Too bad, there are so many cool oil only warmers out there. And the warmer I have going with Merlin's Forest (0.1 oz in cup) has been throwing great for almost 60 straight hours! Oh, well. Maybe offer them as special orders.

Cheers,

Steve

I sell them. I don't male my own anymore. I figured in pricing, shipping, time labels and mess and saved myself a huge headache and just buy them already done up. I occasionally make up a few of my own when I get a request, but I price them much higher. I buy them for 60 cents an oz bottled, labeled, etc. I sell mostly natural scents and really my customers for the oils are not the same as my candle/tart customers. I couldn't sell the naturals in my candle line at all.

I bought a display and listened to what they wanted I added to it, based on what the oil people asked for, read up on their requests and it seems a lot of those have uses in aromatherapy and wicca. I don't carry EO, but they don't seem to care. I just started carrying 2 oz of 12 of the most requested and they realy like those,

I do very well with my own diffusers, sprays and butters, though. I hated making my own oils, though. Really hated it. If I did it again, I would do them in small spray bottles.

We sell them as well. Plus we sell the ceramic rings that you can put on your light bulb to warm them. We sell the 0.5 boston rounds for $4.99 and the rings for $3.99. They do great for us at shows. Also - if you have the opportunity to display some cool warmers I think your crazy not to go there. It's the easiest money you'll ever make. Other than the bottles you'll always have more oil for restocking... just my thoughts...

Kelly

I looked into this.

On one test, the tealight that was heating the oil tray was so hot that the oil started smoking after a few hours. Obviously I wasn't happy with that. I bought the small unit at a dollar store. The oil cup was literally one inch from the tealight so if I ever do that again, I'll specify that the oil must be 2 inches or more above the tealight.

I did find a place in China to get reeds for diffusers for cheap. The family even sent me a handwritten letter thanking me for the purchase. I gave them $20 for about 500 reeds including shipping and it must have been a bonanza on their economy. Different sizes. I was not able to get the FO's thin enough to work. I might try some EO's just for fun.

That's my experiment into oils.

Edited by EricofAZ