Newbie saying hi!

Just wanted to pop in and introduce myself. My name is Shanda and I live in Texas. I wasted 3 years of my life with 2 of the direct sale candle companies out there beating my head on that proverbial brick wall. got fed up and decided to start making my own. I've spend months upon months researching, and considering I don't work, have a lot of time!! I have info coming out of my ears it seems! I get to place my first real supply order on the 1st and will be starting with votives! I can't wait!! I'm ordering from BC-South, really hoping they are good. If the budget allows, I will also get some stuff from the Kentucky place for clam tarts. I have to admit, yes, I've bought some of those crappy kits from Hobby Lobby and stuff just to play, yeah they are crappy! I have so much enjoyed looking at everyone's projects and reading! I think I may be in trouble though as I looked at some of the soaping projects. Now I'm thinking somewhere down the road that looks fun. But omg, started initial research yesterday and I get such a headache, it's like confusing information overload!! Oh well, I'll keep researching and reading and lurking and soon hopefully I'll be able to post my first projects!

Shanda

Thanks, candle researching was easier than soap researching I do believe!! It really seemed to take a lot to narrow down companies though. I still have on my list to try Natures Garden, Cajun's Candles, Aroma Haven/Rustic, and Peaks. The only good thing about playing with the hobby lobby was that I got some practice with pouring and watching temps. I so just stumbled upon this board a few days ago, which is so strange when I googled candle boards in so many different ways!! This place is a great wealth of information. Volumes upon volumes!!

Welcome Shandra! Sounds like you are off and running. You mentioned Peaks and Natures Garden...we purchase alot of our fo from them as well as Candle Science. They all have some amazing scents and really great customer service. You can't go wrong with them. We've ordered from Cajun too, but mostly other items and occasionally fo. Welcome and have fun!!

As a fellow Texan Welcome to the Board! There is a wealth of info and help here...:smiley2:

what part of Texas are you from Kyme? and here is a newbie question that I've looked in FAQ, sticky's etc and can't find an answer to, I can't access people's profiles (like i was going to check kyme's to see what part of texas), not can i look in the swap area, coop area, etc. Do I need to have a certain number of posts or something?

Shanda

PS I live in the windy flatlands of Amarillo :)

Edited by forevershanda
include my area of texas

You need to have been a member for 30 days and have so many posts. I'm thinking it's 12?? I know it states it on the forum somewhere, I just can't remember where. I'll check around and see if I can find it.

found it.. here's the link. It's under the board usage section and it's a sticky

http://www.craftserver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1802

The number of posts is 8 not 12 as I originally guessed.

HTH.

Edited by pleasureridgecandles
adding a link

From San Antonio...don't worry when I 1st found this forum I had no idea what to do. I had never been on one, I was so dumb I never introduced myself, I just jumped in. Welcome!

Oh, I get supplies from all over, I wish it was as easy as using just one. I get my wax from LS (Lone Star) they are in Keller Texas. But I have bought it from several others, it's just a matter of shipping costs for me. Everything else from all over the Country. Read read read, and my most favorite tool...Google*google queen*

Kyme