Butterfly Candle

PAgirl89

Thanks everyone!

I was planning on having 4 different designs but talking to the artist, he offered to etch any design the customer may want. Charging me about $3 to $5 per design really makes these affordable.

Edited by PAgirl89

I think it's pretty, but the first thought is whether the etching compromises the glass.

That was one of my concerns too, but I haven't had any trouble with this particular jar. I have others I need to test with that I just got back from the artist. I'll be testing those this weekend.

I was thinking of having my guy puts a rose on my votives but it seems like a lot of work and expense.

The artist I'm working with is a local artist who does work for my family's business and he also has sold some of his artwork locally. The small butterfly design he charged me $3. Some of the larger designs he has done for me he charged me $5 for.

It's something different and I hope it catches eyes at my show in April.

Here are some of the other designs I had done on larger jars.

Cherub with butterfly - 12oz cube jar

104f9e9.jpg

Cross with Lily - 12oz cube jar

apjj9j.jpg

Hummingbird & Flower - 18oz jar

124hppi.jpg

Butterfly - 18oz jar

xo16rc.jpg

Okay, I'm thrifty so just wondering couldn't you use a stencil and a spray etch? I had an artist friend cut me a monogramed stencil and I spray etched candle wedding favors with the bride's and groom's initials. Now close up they looked really good it was just the smoothness of the glass that made people realize the containers weren't actually etched. Just a thrifty woman's guide to saving money..lol