Bayberry

LynnS

I know not the time of year for this one but I need to find another.I don't like the one I have. I see absolutely no berry in it.Just a scent I can't describe. Bad all around.:(

Where can I get a good Bayberry???? The bottle is out in the candle shed so I am not sure where I get that one particular scent but I must find another supplier.

Thank You

LynnS

I have yet to find a good, realistic bayberry oil.

Bayberry isn't supposed to smell like "berries", per se. Bayberry is a plant that has little hard berry-like nubbins that, when melted down, can actually be used to make candles. They don't smell anything like one would expect a more traditional berry scent to smell like.

The berries on bayberry plants are actually fruits, not berries. If you're expecting bayberry oil to smell like berries, well, that's not what bayberry is supposed to smell like.

I'm not certain at all how realistic these are, but I did a lot of testing in paraffin with the one from CS and the one from Peak. I prefer to order from CS because of shipping, but I found that I got a better HT from the Peak. They were very close, though.

Thank You Everyone.

Guess I am wrong about how it should smell but it is still HORRIBLE.

I am like SliverWax.Can't find a good Bayberry.I will order BCN's.I get fragrances from them and happy with their scents.If not what I am looking for then I will try CS.

This isn't a candle I would buy but customers like it :confused:. I must go for it.

LynnS

Edited by LynnS

Personally, I don't care for it and had never used it until this past fall. I had a custom order to do for a wedding--the bride wanted fluted pillars and votives in burgundy in this scent. It kinda "grew" on me to the point where at least I could stand it, but I won't be buying any more of this fo.

I've tried several and my personal favorite was from Starrville (now called Tyler Starrville). I can't say I've smelled real bayberry, but this one is not a berry scent and threw well in my paraffin/soy formula. HTH

I like CS and Peaks Bayberry. Very strong.

I'm like you and I don't care for Bayberry by itself. But mixed with the right oils its a very nice christmas scent. For eg., apple & bayberry or cinnamon & bayberry are popular and smell very nice. Or maybe a bayberry & christmas tree or pine, and bayberry & vanilla, etc. I only like it mixed with another oil or two.