Starting to panic here in PA

My supplier has been out of both my waxes for a couple months now and I'm beginning to worry. They were telling me, 2 weeks, but that turned into months now. They don't give me any kind of explanation, nor do they give a time frame they will have Ecosoya PB back in. So now I started testing C3 two months ago just in case I needed to make a switch, glad I did that. I am switching my candle wax to that. I can pick that up at Fillmore Containers but as far as my tart wax I don't know what I'm going to do, shipping would be a killer. Does anybody know a supplier in PA, or New York that I could try? Or maybe share a good soy tart was I could start testing? Thank you so much for your time.

In PA there's Candlewic, Candlesandsupplies, Early American Candle, Backwoods. In NJ there's Farmhouse Supplies.

You should also check out Candle Science in NC as they have fair shipping prices and use the hundred weight shipping for wax. Often their shipping is cheaper than local suppliers. Also, if you order before 3:00pm it gets shipped same day and delivered to PA in 24 hrs. No kidding.

Candles and Supplies has been out of the 415 for over a month now!! :shocked2:

Is that who you are talking about..

I have been getting it from Candle Science now. As Candybee stated - Shipping rates are good from them!!

They are only a few bucks more than C&S. But at least they stay stocked up on the 415. I find C&S runs out of 415 often!!! You think being as big as they are and how much they go thru that they would make sure they don't run out!!

Hope your reading this C&S!!

It's a PITA!!!!

Edited by islandgirl

That's what I'll probably be doing. I'm not sure what s going on with C&S lately but they have been out of many things almost everytime I go down there. I had to wait a very long time on the aroma beads now they have been out of both my waxes since before Christmas. They never give me a reason, they just say "oh we'll have it in a couple weeks" So I started testing C3 because I knew Fillmore Containers carried that and I had great results actually better than my 415 so I just went down this week and got a couple cases of the C3. Now I just need to order the Ecosoya PB through CS. Funny thing, a girl posted wanting to try a new wax on their facebook I they recommended her to use the 415 & I posted, but they haven"t had it for a couple months and they removed my post lol. I wasn't rude I just posted how they still are out of stock on it. I'm thinking if you don't keep items stocked up you can loose customers that way.

With C&S its not just 'lately'. They are perpetually out of whatever it is that I always happen to need from them. Its been going on for years. When I am onsite and talking to their people I always ask them why they are always out of this or that. Never get an answer just a shrug. POs me to no end. They need to learn how to purchase and stock so they don't run out of something the moment they order it.

So for the last year I have been slowly replacing them by using other suppliers. I do miss some of the products I used to get from them but they are just to unreliable nowadays. Too bad. There are very limited east coast suppliers.

Funny thing, a girl posted wanting to try a new wax on their facebook I they recommended her to use the 415 & I posted, but they haven"t had it for a couple months and they removed my post lol. I wasn't rude I just posted how they still are out of stock on it. I'm thinking if you don't keep items stocked up you can loose customers that way.

Hey ~ Let's all go over to C&S Facebook page and ask when the 415 will be in!! :yay:

Originally Posted by islandgirl viewpost.gif

Hey ~ Let's all go over to C&S Facebook page and ask when the 415 will be in!! :yay:

That is funny! I doubt they would be amused!:laugh2:

Who cares.. :P

I am not amused that a Major supplier leaves us hanging without wax for over 6 weeks now!!! :mad:

So either they are not going to restock it, or discontinue it like the C-3.. Or maybe they are going to pull JBN... :confused::confused: :laugh2:

That is why I took my biz to Candle Science for my last order .

I think I will call Krystal at GBGF for my next order and have her ship it direct. :rolleyes2

Edited by islandgirl

Originally Posted by islandgirl viewpost.gif

Who cares.. :P

I am not amused that a Major supplier leaves us hanging without wax for over 6 weeks now!!! :mad:

So either they are not going to restock it, or discontinue it like the C-3.. Or maybe they are going to pull JBN... :confused::confused: :laugh2:

That is why I took my biz to Candle Science for my last order .

I think I will call Krystal at GBGF for my next order and have her ship it direct. :rolleyes2

So who is Krystal? Does GFGB have a new rep? Last one I talked to about wax was Jason. I'm lucky I pick up my wax so shipping is not an issue.

I'm getting the same bullshit with AWE about fo's that have been out since before Christmas. Even the owner say's it will be in soon. HA

So who is Krystal? Does GFGB have a new rep? Last one I talked to about wax was Jason. I'm lucky I pick up my wax so shipping is not an issue.

I'm getting the same bullshit with AWE about fo's that have been out since before Christmas. Even the owner say's it will be in soon. HA

OMG - Sorry Sharon, my mistake.. Got names and places confused. :rolleyes2

Krystal is from C&S and Jason Is GBGF..

Lets try this name ... Kris Kackley (Kinda Sounds like Krystal...LOL)

http://www.gatewayfoodproducts.com/contact.htm

1-877-220-1963

I have ordered several times from her.

Here is a thread that she posted in..

http://www.craftserver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28868&highlight=Kris+Kackley

That's what I'll probably be doing. I'm not sure what s going on with C&S lately but they have been out of many things almost everytime I go down there. I had to wait a very long time on the aroma beads now they have been out of both my waxes since before Christmas. They never give me a reason, they just say "oh we'll have it in a couple weeks" So I started testing C3 because I knew Fillmore Containers carried that and I had great results actually better than my 415 so I just went down this week and got a couple cases of the C3. Now I just need to order the Ecosoya PB through CS. Funny thing, a girl posted wanting to try a new wax on their facebook I they recommended her to use the 415 & I posted, but they haven"t had it for a couple months and they removed my post lol. I wasn't rude I just posted how they still are out of stock on it. I'm thinking if you don't keep items stocked up you can loose customers that way.

Have you ever tried the IGIR9728 wax from C&S? I haven't seen that wax mentioned on this forum, but I tried some of that last year and LOVED it! The only reason I have not ordered it again, is because I'm in California and the shipping is terrible. Last summer I used that for my tarts and literally every FO I tried had a super strong HT after curing for only 3 or 4 days. I was actually thinking of ordering a case of it if all else fails, but when it gets right down to it, I just don't want to pay the high cost of shipping. Hope this helps!!

coffeebean,

don't think anyone mentioned it, but Keystone candle is near Lewisburg PA. they carry GB 444-decent price. also, their pillar/votive/tart wax (1-2 blend or something) is good for tarts. i do not know how their shipping is since i have only ever picked up from them. since i too live in "hicksville" and they are about 45 mins. away from me, you might also be close!!

hth-kris