Still need practice

SatinDucky

The purple lilac ones were poured a couple times. First time was just because the color was too dark, tried to compensate for the dark orange color of the FO. Second time all the draped layers peeled off the short one, air mold and wax all too cool to bind. This time it was too hot and the draped layers melted, but I'm NOT doing it again. Tired of smelling the lilac...lol

The marble is cinnamon.Most of it, including the top, didn't mix and marble enough. This picture is the best side :(

post-27-139458476803_thumb.jpg

post-27-139458476805_thumb.jpg

Hi, great candles for a start.

Forgive me if I don't get this right. I counted about 200 posts from you on a search. Your profile says nearly 4000, and your candles look malformed with a re-pour? You used too much dye and it was dark so the repour has white and light purple in it?

We have another on the forum that just showed up with nearly a billion posts (800 million).

Did someone figure out how to hack the site and show up as more prolific than reality?

Just asking.

Forgive me if I don't get this right. I counted about 200 posts from you on a search. Your profile says nearly 4000, and your candles look malformed with a re-pour? You used too much dye and it was dark so the repour has white and light purple in it?

We have another on the forum that just showed up with nearly a billion posts (800 million).

Did someone figure out how to hack the site and show up as more prolific than reality?

Just asking.

Nope, no hacking. I was a regular here. You'll find my posts in the archives on the old Peaks server too. I stopped for about a year or so. I still have most of my notes and remember the basic stuff, but actual techniques and subtleties need practice. And actually, it's not that uncommon for me to redo them, depending on how much time I have. I've very picky about my "artwork", any small difference can change it from right to wrong, it's just how it feels to me when I unmold them...lol

Oh, as for the white and light purple... I poured just a tad of white in the top of one and rolled it around (this lilac is extremely strong and it wont make a difference in the scent). The light purple is just simply from making the draped layers in the mold with the dark wax.

Edited by SatinDucky

Just asking.

Get up on the wrong side of the bed this morning?

Just asking.

Satin's posts are real...Dustpuupy is the result of a twisted sense of humor. Both have been around forever.

Yes, you can read your notes on particulars, but the techniques sometimes are elusive. You'll get it back! The cinnamon has potential!

Yes, you can read your notes on particulars, but the techniques sometimes are elusive. You'll get it back! The cinnamon has potential!

Apparently it's gonna take a while! Made 4 more today, 3 didn't turn out (for multiple reasons). 4th is still cooling. LOL

Ok, I did lose it and should just eat crow. Well, cooked crow. Um, with some spices. Awe heck, toss the crow and let me eat the board that it was cooked on. Better yet, I'll give the crow and the board to Einstein. She likes birds.

I did a search on my own posts and the return was the same, 200. So I guess that means we (I) cannot draw any conclusions about anyone here with that tool.

I did not search the archives for Ducky, though I did go there when I was lurking before joining and research some things.

Ducky, please forgive me. I may have looked at the photo wrong. Keep at it, enjoy your testing.

You know, I gotta say, the testing is a perk of this hobby/craft. I really enjoy burning my candles. I hope you do too.

Edited by EricofAZ

Eric, it's no biggie. I didn't take any offense at your questions. The way I see, anything that's posted is fair game - not to be rude about or pick fights but for honest questions. If I see something that is curious to me or just doesn't quite make sense, I ask.

And no, you didn't look at the photo wrong. That's why I answered the questions. At least, I think I explained everything you asked...lol

Oh, and my "thing" is making and burning candles. I didn't start this as a business and did very little selling. I just love to play with wax. After a couple years of testing though I had gotten my standard pillars to burn rather nice and the extras started stacking up so I would sell a few here and there to make room on the counters to add more.

Edited by SatinDucky

• 3 weeks later...

Eric - just look at the 'join date' in the top right corner of each post. I haven't logged in here for about 6mos, so it's nice to see the 'old' familiar names, like Ducky. Haven't had a chance to read up, but I haven't noticed any posts from Top ... is the grumpy old man still conducting lab experiments!?! LOL

Susan.