sulfur soap

katshe

Has anyone ever made or used sulfur soap

this is the info I found on it

The idea of using sulfur as a treatment for skin problems is not a new one. Sulfur has been used to treat skin conditions for more than two centuries. Skin conditions that have responded to sulfur treatments include eczema, psoriasis, fungal infections and scabies.

Just wondering if this is easy to make..

No idea, but something I wanted to ask. I use sulfur-based lotions when I have a flare-up on my face, but it is commercially-produced. I am very interested in any of your results.

I met a woman that i gave my business card to that asked me if i made sulfur soap , she uses it for a skin condition she has that causes her to have dark blotchy skin and claims it is all she can use that clears it up. but she can't find it anywhere but mom and pop type stores \...so i did some research and purchased some sulfur from a soap supplies website

i make two types of soap M&P goatsmilk and hp olive oil soap

Can i incorporate sulfur in one of these at I belive it is 10 % ?

Edited by katshe

@katshe: I would think that at 10% in CP the texture the flowers of sulfur powder would make the finished product very dry and crumbly. The smell would likely be initially pretty off-putting also.

10% is possible by commercial manufacturers that have the equipment to really compress the soap after milling.

JMO, but for CP, I'd start by treating the sulfur as I would charcoal at 1-2 teaspoons PPO, then work upward from there if your formula seems to handle that amount well.

Good luck and please post about your success once you've made it :smiley2:!

I will let you know how it goes ...gonna make a small batch may be do 3% to start...I did find a recipe that add 2 oz to 3 lbs batch so thats around 5% if my brain is figuring right

But not sure how reliable the recipe is as it is the only one I found...nothing to compare it to.

I'll report back