Is Columbus Foods it?

lovemylabs

I'm searching for suppliers (other than our candle and bath suppliers) that sell larger quantities like Columbus Foods. In particular, any that are further south and or south east. With the price of everything going up, if we can save on shipping, that would help a bit. I did a search, but didn't find anything. Anyone know of a place?

Oils by Nature also sells in large quantities and sometimes, with shipping taken into account, it can be a better deal than CF.

You can, I think, get olive and sunflower (plus soy and corn and peanut) in bulk from

Dave Harris (315) 797-7070 ext.7273

dharris@sovenausa.com

they didn't have a soaper-friendly web site last time I checked but he emailed me a price list quite a while ago and it was decent -I didn't follow up, though - cuz I forgot!

And Jedwards/Bulk Natural Oils - they're spectacular, especially for specialty oils! http://www.bulknaturaloilsstore.com/index.aspx

Cibaria has coconut oil CHEAP http://www.cibariasoapsupply.com/shop/index.php/catalogsearch/result/?q=coconut&x=0&y=0

Edited by CareBear

I seem to keep going back to CF because it seems like a one stop shop..other places seem to only have some but not all base oils..

though prices are going up across the board it seems :(

I cant log onto Oils by nature to compare prices-the website said they are doing inventory..

Yeah tlc26, I don't see the mention of Ohio on their site either. I'm all for buying bigger for saving $, but if the shipping is high (from IL), then it's like shootin' myself in the foot. Shipping from Ohio would def be cheaper for us. I'll check out oilsbynature when their site gets back up to do a cost comparisson. Gees...love it in the southeast, but we're extremely limited on suppliers. :sad2: When we were in Ohio, I didn't realize how spoiled I was!

They're in Des Plaines, IL. (just north of O'hare airport in Chicago!) Sometimes when DH is up in St Louis for business (then he goes further north up the Mississippi) he can swing right past there, but not when I need oils, go figure. The shipping equals out to around .03/oz, which is not really that bad. Last time I bought I had 74 lbs and it cost 37.38. I've had worse shipping bills and that was for all fragrance oils (yes, they were wrapped really well) but 13.00 for 10 bottles of f/o's. And it took 3 weeks to get them with order back ups and shipping across the country.

I'm in Louisiana and I haven't found anything cheaper that Soaper's Choice and they ship really quickly, I usually have my order within 4 days of ordering.

Edited by bayougirl
adding info

I also agree that Columbus Foods is very quick. Sometimes I'm able to get my stuff the next day, the most I've waited was 2 days. I've been happy with thier service and shipping. Shipping is always reasonable. I'm a 3-4 hour drive from there and shipping has always been less than what I would have to pay to drive there.

• 2 weeks later...

Wanted to post an update. I finally got around to placing an order today. I did so much research on the closest supplier, pricing and shipping. And, as some mentioned, Columbus Foods is a good deal. I didn't place a huge order, but wow, I'm really impressed with the shipping. For 87 lbs of oils and butters, it only cost $37 to ship from there to coastal SC. That's awesome. Thanks for your input guys

I can't wait for it to get here. OH boy:yay:

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry so late getting back to this thread...I had ordered this on a Friday...and I think the following Monday was a holiday. It arrived the following Wednesday or Thursday. Will definately order from them again.

Edited by lovemylabs