4630 in 2 oz. Hex Jar

Has anyone successfully wicked this combo? I have tried every wick under the sun with C3 in this jar and can't get this jar to work. I decided switch waxes completely for this jar. I wondered if anyone has had any luck with 4630 in the 2 oz. Hex Jar and if so, would you mind sharing what wick works for you? Thank you.

Wow, don't think I've ever seen a 2oz hex jar. Where did you get it from?

Several suppliers carry them. I bought some from C&S about 5 years ago but...just for sniffy samples at craft shows to keep people from opening all the jars and messing them up. Well...guess what? After opening the sniffy jar...they STILL opened the wicked jars. I guess they thought I was trying to pull something over on them....lol.

I sell flowerpot votives and 4 oz. square Victorian jars...I have never tried to wick anything smaller than these.

I tested a little bit with C-3 and did not care for it. I prefer 464 out of any of the soy that I have tried. I've used 4627 but never 4630.

Yes, Steve, they are 1.5 oz. actually :). I bought mine at CS. Palm Wax would be nice--I bet they would be pretty and have a nice throw too. Please let me know if you have any luck, if you do try that. I bought 5 cases of the little suckers on one of my buying sprees and can't seem to wick them with ANY wax....thought it was a good idea at the time..HA! Anybody have any luck with ANY wax in this jar?

Here is the 1.5 oz 12-sided jar that I put some extra GG Palm (Cracklin Birch) into with a CSN5 wick. It is next to a 1 oz sample FO bottle. I burned one and it burned OK, but was a bit overwicked with this FO. And the CSN5 is as small as they go, LOL.

Cheers,

Steve

post-12326-139458476644_thumb.jpg

I have tried palm wax and 6006 with this jar.

csn5 with the palm and as Wessex said it's a bit overwicked.

Using the 6006 wax I tried a cd5(too big) htp41(too big) and pretty much gave up after that. I had better luck with the cd but just didnt like how hot the jar got and the flame being too high.

maybe a cd 4 or htp31 would do the trick but I'm not sure about the 4630.

They are such cute little jars and make great samplers and are nice put in a gift basket.

I love the looks of the Palm in there--thank you for sharing Steve! Where do you find a CD-3 wick? The smallest I have is a CD-5, from Lonestar. I agree with the above mentioned, I have had the same troubles with the little booger getting too hot with everything I have tried. I may try a CD-3, if I can find it and order some HTP 31 also...of course the smallest HTP I have is 41. Thanks for all the input :)

Berts has htp 31 and cd4....not sure about cd3

C&S has CD3 but they are the small tealight size but might possibly be tall enough to fit them cute little jars.

I didn't like how hot the jars got so I stopped using them but the next time I order from Bert I may give it another try.

deb....does the jar get too hot using the lx wicks? I just purchased some various sizes of LX wicks from Bert for testing but don't think I got the 8's

LX 8 is the smallest I could find. There were some scents that would have needed smaller so I just don't make those. Most of time, an LX8 is fine. A small minority get an LX 10. The jars are pretty cute but a lot of work and I only make a tiny profit on them. I use them mostly for left over wax when I do a big pour. Tarts don't sell well for me so this was an alternative.