sandalwood?

nursenancy

I've had 2 customers today looking for sandalwood soap that I made with Sockmonkeys oil - the black sandalwood. I'm almost out. Does anyone know of one that's close to it?

I'll probably order Bert's...I searched and it seems hers is good, but was looking for opinions.

Thanks for the replies.. I checked out Lebermuth - yikes - can't justify that, LOL.

I think I'll order bert's and Peaks and maybe CC. I'll let you guys know how I like them.

I loved the scent of Gloria's, but it really didn't soap well for me. It overheated and turned crumbly on me twice, then I rebatched it and it was nice, but too much work. Thanks again :)

Yeah I hear you on Lebermuths, but oh it's quite nice OOB. Believe me it is something that is going to have to last here, because the price is incredibly insane.

Keep us updated on your venture for a good sandalwood. I know I'm going to need to find one that will be suitable for candles and Lebermuth's won't be, just because of the price. I think I would be interested in sycamore's suggestion, but I have to get to the point where I'm ordering scents again. Right now, I'm not.

Edited by Scented

Thanks everyone for the suggestions! I have to say I'm probably going to go with one of the less pricey suppliers. I've tried Peak's - It's ok in candles - have not soaped it because I only got a 1 ozer.

My next to try is Bert's, CW and NG. Also BC - I keep forgetting about them!

Maybe as the summer gets closer i'll go w/ one of the pricier ones - I'm busier then.

plus I think I have enough soap now to hold me over.

I'll update as I try some.

Edited by nursenancy

I am testing sweet sandalwood from candlewic in 85%soy 15% para right now and so far its doing really great!

I also like c&s's sandlawood though its not as strong as I like.

Millcreeks soothing sandalwood is strong but more on the powdery side.

I mixed 1/2 mc's and 1/2 c&s's I have not test burned it yet but the ct is good.

• 1 month later...

I do CP soap, not candles. That said, I love sandalwood and have two recommendations. Adobe Soapworks Vanilla Sandalwood (if you like the combo) is gorgeous. They bought out Poozart's; it's the same one. I've used it in CP soap and B&B.

I also really like WSP; I think it is better than Peak's Asian Sandalwood, more complex.

I prefer a woody sandalwood over a powdery one.

I ordered a sample from Candlewic - the regular sandalwood - that's a definite no for me..

Also, as a side note, I ordered the Voodoo Love because it was mentioned in another thread that it was similar to MW Witches Brew. Not even close..

Candle Cocoon's Sandalwood is nice and strong.