Disappointing

How long did you burn it? Some of my candles I tested took up to 3 to 4 hours before I got a good HT.

If you are waiting 3 to 4 hours for a decent HT, you definately need better FO's!! There's no way my customers would put up with waiting that long.......mine are throwing great within minutes and if they don't, the FO is gone! :cool2:

I used Hot Apple Pie from Aroma Haven

Used 1.5 oz per 1lb of 464 soy wax.

I tested it for 3 hours.

I am on my second 3 hours.

I love the melt pool and the top is still

looking good. A little mushrooming.

Have you tried any other FO's? Not every scent is a winner.

Edited by deb426

HOw long did the candle cure? Wait 2 weeks and try again. When i first started I started with 464 in a jj. Like many here my question was, "How come I can't smell my candle?" To make a long story short, I put those stupid things away, forgotten for a few months, when I lit it up then... wowzers! It filled the house!!

I think an ECO 14 is too large for that jar. I would go down to a 10. In my parasoy I use 6 & 8's.

Eco 14 was way to hot for me in the 464 with 8oz jar- and for some reason the Ecos turned my wax in every fragrance a real deep orange yellow- it looked gross like crisco- butter flavored melted down

I use the square 8oz mason jar and have been having great results with htp wicks

For me the HT is awesome but I let them cure for a week before lighting

but it could also be your temps that you heat-add Fo and pour at that could contribute to poor throw- it took me half a year to find what works for me in my conditons- a simple tweak in temperatures made all the difference for me because at first I was having no luck with HT either

If you go to the search and put in 464 there is sooooo many great reads on this wax

Good Luck:cheesy2:

Could it be "candle nose"? Maybe you got used to the scent. I switch what scents I burn every few days since it seems like I get used to them. When I light up a different scent then I can smell it again. For instance- I had some candles burning when my date showed up last weekend and she said she could smell them as soon as the door was opened, but I couldn't smell them. Something to think about. :)

Another thing to consider is that an overwicked candle can have an effect on the scent throw. If you get wicked right and cured long enough and you still don't get a good hot throw then it is probably the FO. Soy can be finicky to work with and not all FOs throw well in soy.

Personally, I would do one with an 8 and maybe even a 6 too, just so I know for sure. I use C3 and eco wicks in 8 ounce jj and most FO's do fine with 6 or 8. Usually when testing a new FO, I'll test a 4, 6 and 8, and go from there. I have quite a few that are best with a 4. Only 1 or 2 use a 10. None use a 14. But cinn buns from CS is a wicker upper for me so your 10 might be okay.