how to get a good throw

I never had real good luck with cold throw in 4630, but hot throw can be really good with the right oils. I had really good luck with Candle Science fragrances in 4630. Zinc wicks worked pretty good in that wax, but I liked using htp wicks best in it. hth

Well this wax is not all soy, it is a blend of soy and paraffin. Some would say you get the best of both worlds, the clean burn of soy and throw of paraffin. But, if I don't trim my wicks properly I still can get a lot of soot.

I have been testing it for a few months and it is becoming my favorite wax. The scent throw is just so good and it is pretty easy to wick. I am using a 3 inch victorian jar and a 51-32-18z wick has worked for most of my scents.

You're using the Harmony wax. For an 8 oz tumbler, 1.5 oz of FO is way too much. I think you can get close to one ounce, but really ought to be about 3/4 oz.

The wick IMHO is too hot for that size, unless you are adding vybar.

I don't think you will get much CT due to the size of the tumbler. The HT should be fine for a 500 sq. foot area. Don't expect too much more.

You're using the Harmony wax. For an 8 oz tumbler, 1.5 oz of FO is way too much. I think you can get close to one ounce, but really ought to be about 3/4 oz.

The wick IMHO is too hot for that size, unless you are adding vybar.

I don't think you will get much CT due to the size of the tumbler. The HT should be fine for a 500 sq. foot area. Don't expect too much more.

idk what you mean by harmony wax i just ordered what was recomended by the site i bought from. i am mixing 3 oz to 2 lb of wax and have no seep at all. i have gotten a lil better cold throw with pouring at lower temps but the ht seems to have suffered.......can anyone give me thier opinion on the wax that will give me the best ct and ht that would be easy for a beginer to work with?

Harmony Blend is a name given to the IGI 4630. It is similiar to the IGI 4627 (Comfort Blend), but easier to work with for some people. As far as best wax for CT and HT for beginners, what you have is a good wax. Just try some different FO's and experiment a bit. Everyone has their own opinion on the best wax for CT/HT, it's kinda subjective.

Cheers,

Steve

For a paraffin wax, I loved J223 for cold throw and hot throw.. Right now I am using 6006(parasoy) and it has a really good ht and ct

LeahRB - Would you say the throw you're getting from the 6006 is comparable to that of the J223?

Thanks!

LeahRB - Would you say the throw you're getting from the 6006 is comparable to that of the J223?

Thanks!

I think it is just as good and I am using only 6% FO with the 6006 and I was using 8-9% with J223. Not to say you could not get a good throw with 6% with J223, I just never tried. 9% used to be my default, but it is true that sometimes less is more.

.can anyone give me thier opinion on the wax that will give me the best ct and ht that would be easy for a beginer to work with?

Unfortunately, if there was just one wax that was easy to use and would give the best throw regardless of FO scent, FO supplier, wick type, wick size, etc... most everyone would probably use it.

Not necessarily real helpful, but true :(