Rate this place please

Lisa

There's been a couple threads about them in the business section. Granted alot is posted there about their shipping charges, most everyone also said their products are good. Some pay the shipping charges just because the stuff is that good. That doesn't mean everything they carry will be though. Possibly list some items you'd like to know the quality of?

I don't think it is really wise to ask others to rate a company. We are not here to belittle or up hold any one company. I understand that you want to know if this is a reputable company. I will tell you what I know. Personally I believe that this compnay has great products. Others may not. I do not have to deal with shipping charges but I've had messed up orders. the customer service is not the highest of top notch. They are one of the larger supply places that many of us deal with. They will not take your money and not send product, but wether or not you are happy with those products are your opions.

The do have a pretty wide range of products though! that is a great added bonus!

We are not here to belittle or uphold any one company.

Well, they sure berated the stuffing out of Candlewic on this board.

I didn't see what the original post said now that is has been edited, but I have used Lone Star, Peaks and Early American Candle Supply...and I have had positive experiences with them.

I don't think anyone intends to belittle any reputable supplier here. Nor do I think there's anything wrong with asking for opinions or "rating" of a supplier. Granted I don't endorse slamming a supplier because it took 6 days for your supplies to show up instead of 4 either, but that's JMO. We're here to help each other. It's hard to give a rating on all products by a supplier, which was why I asked about specific items. This thread was perfectly acceptable and I'm sorry it was edited to erase. With more specific information, I'm sure someone could have helped her :sad2:

People belittle and uphold companies all the time on here. Where have you been?

Tell it like it is ;)

However, I'm guessing we'd get in trouble for expressing any negative experiences about Peaks, since they are helping to sponsor this very site. I used them once before and they gave me a free jar of fragrance oil. Before I came to this site I had never heard of them. So many candle supply companies out there.

Hell, we belittle each other all the time, why not bring suppliers into the mix? LOL

I *think* you may be asking about WSP? If so, they do have some great products, but I have recently stopped ordering from them due to their shipping charges.

Tell it like it is ;)

However, I'm guessing we'd get in trouble for expressing any negative experiences about Peaks, since they are helping to sponsor this very site. I used them once before and they gave me a free jar of fragrance oil. Before I came to this site I had never heard of them. So many candle supply companies out there.

That isn't true, everyone is free to express their opinions or expriences with any vendor, as long as it doesn't get out of hand. If you have a negative experience with Peak or any other supplier then feel free to share it. I am sure that Alan and Nachelle aren't going to hunt you down and beat you up for it, LOL! I am sure like most good vendors, they appreciate constructive criticism.

I would like to say this though. Peak is a very good supplier, they go the extra mile to please their customers. Many times they have gone above and beyond what is necessary. They give everyone a free sample of FO with their order, always have. If you have a problem with your order, just call them, they are very helpful and kind and will try and make it right. That is why you won't see many bad experiences on here with Peak. And this isn't just because they used to be the sole sponser of this board, but because that is the kind of business they are.

Well, they sure berated the stuffing out of Candlewic on this board.

OHHH GAWWD!!

Serious? What people expressed negative experiences with them and it is berating? Hmmm I posted some of my negative experiences. I guess if CW did not want to get "berated" they should have some better phone peeps (this was a year or so back so hopefully they have done that). If I have a neg experience I will say it. Even if it is with Peaks (some have done that before), but luckily I have not had any bad experiences with them. If I have an overly positive experience same thing.

I have to agree TLC partially. I think it is fine to ask for opinions on suppliers, but it is up to they buyer weather or not they will use them. I have had and heard some bad experiences with companies I use. Although I still choose to use them. If it is a company I have never used, and I hear a lot of negative things, well maybe I wont use them. Then again it also depends on the poster too. They opinion of peeps whom I know have been around the candle block a few times, well I am more likely to take due to the fact they know what they are doing. If a person who has like 15 posts goes and says something, I am not as likely to use their opinion. Like I said good reviews or bad it is a matter of opinion, and MAY not necessarily be the truth of it.

I have never used Candlewic, so I didn't contribute to the thread that was titled, "Candlewic is bad".

I guess the general rule is to find a company you like and stick with them.

Forgive me for not being hip, but what is a "phone peep"? :)

I have never used Candlewic, so I didn't contribute to the thread that was titled, "Candlewic is bad".

Peeps-People/persons

Since this thread was originally about wsp...and even though she/he said not to answer I'm gonna anyway.... I've ordered from them a few times and have had good service. I didn't feel like I got taken on shipping. My orders came to over 50$ each and shipping was never over 14$ They are in OH I'm in AZ seemed pretty resonable to me. And when I run out of lotion bottle I'll order from them again.

People belittle and uphold companies all the time on here. Where have you been?

That is not what we are here to do though! If you think it is, where have you been?

We are here to help each other right? A candle/soap maker online community!

It might have been wise to reword the question.

Something like.. tell me your experiences with WSP...would have been better.

I don't think anyone intends to belittle any reputable supplier here. Nor do I think there's anything wrong with asking for opinions or "rating" of a supplier. Granted I don't endorse slamming a supplier because it took 6 days for your supplies to show up instead of 4 either, but that's JMO. We're here to help each other. It's hard to give a rating on all products by a supplier, which was why I asked about specific items. This thread was perfectly acceptable and I'm sorry it was edited to erase. With more specific information, I'm sure someone could have helped her :sad2:

I think she erased it becasue of responses in another thread.

That is not what we are here to do though! If you think it is, where have you been?

We are here to help each other right? A candle/soap maker online community!

It might have been wise to reword the question.

Something like.. tell me your experiences with WSP...would have been better.

Actually, I never said that's what we are here to do, did I? But, it is ridiculous to jump on someone who is asking for a "rating" of a place when it happens on here ALL the time.

I started the "Candlewic is bad" thread....I meant it at the time. However I also started a "Candlewic stepped up" thread a few hours later when they recitified the situation. Had they not stepped up, I would not have used or reccomended them. Despite seeing how many people have had problems with them, I do wish I never started it...I keep seeing it be brought back up....

Having someone else do YOUR homework.:tiptoe:

No, for someone who understood what i was trying to do as everyone else can ask the same question but i can't. Macnmyer you never asked about a company before? Please!!!!

Having someone else do YOUR homework.:tiptoe:

That was uncalled for. She looked around and found a supplier that carried what she needed, and on her terms. Asking for opinions of the product quality is not "Having someone else do YOUR homework". Listing the particular products would make it easier though.