Do you reuse containers?

deena

I only make products for myself, friends, family. I was wondering, do you reuse containers you have used for your products, ie body butters, sugar scrubs etc? I personally don't, I use predominatley Pet containers. If you do, how do you clean them? Are you concerned about contamination and sterility issues?

I certainly do not reuse the jars from my candles. Despite warning labels and education to my friends, they all want to give me the jars back, after telling me they have burnt then all day long, and similiar horror stories. Even my own personal use candles I do not reuse, being concerned the glass may have weakend even though they are candle grade glass.

I reuse my candle jars but only for myself and testing.

Since I use mostly parasoy they wash easily but I have not had any problems with them being weakened in any way but will only reuse the same jar a few times and then toss them out.

I also reuse my candle testing jars. Would be way too expensive not to reuse. I have gotten double digit usage out of many of the jars. Never any problems. I use palm wax and after removing leftover wax and the wick tabs and wick stickems, I use a blend of chemicals somewhat like Goo-B-Gone to remove stickem and wax residue, then wash is soapy water. Look brand new. As I know just what all the jars go through during testing, I have no doubt about the integrity of the them.

I do not do B&B, but would probably not reuse those containers.

Cheers,

Steve

I give my customers a $1 credit if they return their candle jars (locals only.) Then I use those jars to test my candles.

I never reuse bath/body containers for sale. It's just not worth the trouble and liability. I do refill my personal jars with lotions/scrubs.

I reuse the jars if I can. I offer a discount on another candle if they return the used candle jar (cleaned, no damage, etc). Currently I only have one person that returns them....the others just toss them. :confused:

I also "recycle" used Christmas tealight holders and warmers. I use them in baskets. I put a label on them that says "I was rescued and updated with NaturallyTru Soy".

Trudi

I reuse the jars if I can. I offer a discount on another candle if they return the used candle jar (cleaned, no damage, etc). Currently I only have one person that returns them....the others just toss them. :confused:

I also "recycle" used Christmas tealight holders and warmers. I use them in baskets. I put a label on them that says "I was rescued and updated with NaturallyTru Soy".

Trudi

That's so cute! love it!