my tarts

Hopefully your tarts will come out good for you!

I am getting geared up to start testing tarts and clamshells in the New Year. Been doing days (weeks) of internet research on it! Luckily I have 6 different soy and paraffin waxes already, but still need to order 3 or 4 more types. Apparently everybody has a favorite blend that works for them and no one else, LOL. So I figure I have a lot of blending, pouring and testing ahead of me. But I actually like the development part (when I am not pulling my hair out). I will have to supply a tart warmer to all my testers, so to OBI I go (gotta figure a while to write-off this on taxes)! And knowing myself, I will end up getting about 20 from OBI for me :rolleyes2. And of course need some clamshells, so might as well get a case while I'm at it, LOL. So if I decide not to sell clamshells, you will be seeing lots of clammies in the classifieds! Ah, a testing we will go...

Again, congrats on your tarts.

Cheers,

Steve

Charolette, don't store your tarts in regular sandwich bags. Apparently they will suck the scent out. I used to store my tarts in polypropylene (cello) bags; now I use large glass containers.

Make sure the bags are polyprop. and not polyethylene. You can find them at various suppliers like PaperMart, Nashville Wraps, Uline, etc.

Happy Holidays!

santa wink

Hopefully your tarts will come out good for you!

I am getting geared up to start testing tarts and clamshells in the New Year. Been doing days (weeks) of internet research on it! Luckily I have 6 different soy and paraffin waxes already, but still need to order 3 or 4 more types. Apparently everybody has a favorite blend that works for them and no one else, LOL. So I figure I have a lot of blending, pouring and testing ahead of me. But I actually like the development part (when I am not pulling my hair out). I will have to supply a tart warmer to all my testers, so to OBI I go (gotta figure a while to write-off this on taxes)! And knowing myself, I will end up getting about 20 from OBI for me :rolleyes2. And of course need some clamshells, so might as well get a case while I'm at it, LOL. So if I decide not to sell clamshells, you will be seeing lots of clammies in the classifieds! Ah, a testing we will go...

Again, congrats on your tarts

Cheers,

Steve

We had lots of fun making these. We used KY parasoy and six diff scents. So far they smell really good. Sounds like you love making them too. Thinking for the next holiday we may try wickless candles.

You have a Happy safe holiday.

Charolette, don't store your tarts in regular sandwich bags. Apparently they will suck the scent out. I used to store my tarts in polypropylene (cello) bags; now I use large glass containers.

Make sure the bags are polyprop. and not polyethylene. You can find them at various suppliers like PaperMart, Nashville Wraps, Uline, etc.

Happy Holidays!

santa wink

Oh no now I wont sleep tonight. I have about 22 sandwich bags with the tarts in them. Am giving them away tuesday when the 10 warmers get here from sears. Do you think they will be fine until then? I dont have any glass jars. :confused:

Seems like those plastic baggies suck up some color sometimes too. I used to store waxed thread in plastic bags and the bags truned color. Mostly the browns and reds.

Glad you found something fun to do with your daughter. My mom and I craft together and I cherish that time.

Boy ol boy, I sure hope they stay good until next week. Am giving them away then. We used three diff colors and we mixed them to make more colors.

My daughter couldn't believe how good they came out. I was shocked too. She wants her friends to help make some with us next time we make them.

I told her I'd love that.

Now I'm worried about the color and scent from the bags.I read so much and printed off so much I guess I missed the bag part. Maybe I'll take them out of the bags and put them on cookie sheets until tuesday. Shoot

Thank you guys. I think they look cute.

Carol I did put the one scents in each jar. They have a very good ct, when the warmer gets here tomorrow I can test the ht.

I've been sick with the flu and today is my first day out of the bed. When I came downstairs I could smell them. Kinda made my tummy a little ill. LOL

Got the warmers in today, my melts smell strong. I used 1.5oz pp, next time I'm going to use 1oz pp. Am sending a box down to Houston for my sister, I know she'll love them. Again I want to think everyone for helping me with my Christmas gifts to my family! :)

Glad things worked out for you, Charolette!

Do you have a hobby store around you? Check in the candy section for clear cello bags. You can put your tarts in them without worry.

Aww thank you Georgia for sharing this with me. I would have never thought to look in the candy section. :)