Base to use for Linen and Perfume Sprays

Kristin2011

I purchased a oderless Eliminator base from Nature's Garden thinking tha I could use it for homemade linen sprays. When I put the fragrane in it, it turned to a milky consistency. I was dissapointed. Is there any kind of spray out there that can be used for linen and perfume Body Mists without turning milky and remain clear?

Thanks,

Kristin

I believe on NG's site they do indicate that it will be milky in appearance so you would have to use a colored or aluminum bottle. I have a really great body mist from Candlemaker's (Steve's) that I like...not sure it's safe to use on linens but maybe if it's sprayed above the linens and not directly on them...I don't know because I use it as a body mist. Perhaps others will chime in on their favs.

If you want to make a clear one, you can make your own. I use the EO/FO modifier from WSP to make clear body sprays. I use a colored bottle for my linen sprays (I make a home brew, and recently bought the odor eliminator from NG). When I make my home brew, I use poly 20 because it's cheaper than the modifier, and you use less. If you are concerned with the milkiness of the odor eliminator, you could use a colored or aluminum bottle.

Laura

I use the one from elements and it stays clear for MOSt fragrance oils. Essential oils all seem to cloud so I bottle them in aluminum bottles.

Oh, and it's only for linen and room sprays, not for body spray. http://www.elementsbathandbody.com/Air-Freshener-Linen-Spray-Base-pr-1129.html

They have a body spray also but I've never used it. http://www.elementsbathandbody.com/Moisturizing-Body-Spray-Base-pr-1007.html

Edited by elfcat
to add link

I've never used a base, I just mix up my own with distilled water, and I also use the modifier from WSP.

99% of the time when using that modifier, I get a clear spray. I have had a couple fail and turn milky, but I believe that might have been a measuring error on my part.

Before that I mixed my FO or EO with Poly 20, and they did turn milky every time.