Pride Goeth Before Destruction

Shirlee

After basking in the joy & fragrance of my Zucchini Bread tart success yesterday, I popped in a Mountain Pine (Peak FO) today expecting to have to open all my windows after a while because the cold throw was so very strong. (Both the Zucchini Bread & the Mountain Pine were made at the same time & cured the same amount of time.) The tart has been in the burner now for an hour & I don't smell a thing.

Can someone please explain to me how this happens? I'm using the same wax, the same amount of wax, the same melt point, the same amount of FO, the same molds, the same cure time, yet one tart is successful & the other is a dud. I just don't understand how this happens :sad2:

Blessings,

Shirlee

Not positive about this, but I think it happens with everyone, Shirlee, so don't beat yourself over the head, lol

Even with my beloved TCS wax, there are a few FOs that just won't work, no matter what I do :angry2:. As long as your favorite wax works with most of the FOs you mix in it, that shouldn't be too much of a concern.

Right now I have Home for the Holidays (Peak's) going in my burner; it's very pleasant, but doesn't exactly blow my doors out.... but then again, I'm in the throes of another sinus flare-up, and I can barely smell a thing!

Which other FOs have you tried with the KY parasoy for tarts?

You may just have olfactory overload commonly referred to as candlenose. Give your nose a rest for a couple of days and try again. It effects us differently so can't tell you how long you have to wait.

Another test is to go outside for a bit and then come back inside and see if you can smell it then. Sometimes with candlenose we can't smell something until we get a little fresh air in our lungs.

If neither of these work then try another pine fragrance.

Just the ones I sent to you Ravens ... Country Gift Shop (KY) & Home for the Holidays (Peak). I did try 2 others the other day ... Warm & Cozy (KY) & Cinnamon Balsam (Peak) but they aren't cured enough to test yet.

I think I need to learn to buy sample sizes of FOs instead of 8 ounces or more in case I run into this problem again ... which I'm sure I will.

Now that the Mountain Pine has been in the burner for a couple of hours, I can smell something when I'm in the vacinity of the burner but nowhere else. Sigh!

I will press on toward another success down the road.

Blessings,

Shirlee

I've been following sales over the past couple weeks and have bought quite a few FO packs of 10 from various places. Peak has the best FOs, IMO. Some FOs work great in tart but not so much in a candle or B&B products. I've been weeding through the packs as I get them. I start with tarts and if it throws good in the warmer, then I use it in a candle. I have also gotten some great throws from Nature's Garden FOs, and those I can use in B&B products.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

Shirlee sent me some of her tarts and for the last three days I have been testing them out.

I BELEIVE SHIRLEE HAS FOUND HER PERFECT WAX. :yay: Her tarts kick buttudie! My husand who can hardly smell due to allergy problems came in and said, "those tarts are strong, I can even smell them". I then told him they were not mine but my friend, Shirlee's. So now when I am melting tarts and he can smell them he automatically says, "are those or your friend's"? I sadly say, my friend's LOL. I will be changing my wax.

Shirlee sent me some too!, I burned country gift shop and it was very strong! And Zucchini bread WOW I have not burned it dont need to I have it on my kitchen counter and everyone smells it just sitting there, It even mingled with the country gift shop burning and it smelled awesome!

Edited by ky-sam

Hi Everyone,

Shirlee sent me some of her tarts and for the last three days I have been testing them out.

I BELEIVE SHIRLEE HAS FOUND HER PERFECT WAX. :yay: Her tarts kick buttudie! My husand who can hardly smell due to allergy problems came in and said, "those tarts are strong, I can even smell them". I then told him they were not mine but my friend, Shirlee's. So now when I am melting tarts and he can smell them he automatically says, "are those or your friend's"? I sadly say, my friend's LOL. I will be changing my wax.

:yay:YEA SHIRLEE!! What a wonderful Christmas Present!!! You have worked so hard an deserve it. I'm waiting for my order from KY to come in. My order was placed and paid for on Dec 5th but still haven't received it. I sure hope it come today I'M GETTING EXCITED!!! Hope each and eveyone one of ya'll have a BLESSED AND MERRY CHRISTMAS! Let's hope I get the same results as Shirlee!