Stupid question...

Well, I got my LARGE #50 batch of wax. We got it during some NASTY snow. It is from BC & It is the comfort blend.

Stupid question should I yell at the UPS guy for dropping in in the SNOW drift to the left of the door? At least it wasn't my other box(Had major $$ of stuff).

Now mind you the wax is wrapped in plastic and in 2 blocks....BUT HOW IN HECK DO YOU CUT IT....:embarasse

I WANNA USE IT, but can't figure out what is best...I don't want to ruin it!!

Would a electric knife work or a really big knife, but should it be a smooth blade or serated? Hmmm....knives....Maybe I'll have my DH cut it! LOL:rolleyes2

Also best way to cut big blocks likes this? Slice, squares, Sliced & then halved? :P

Since comfort blend is gooey like vasiline...i use a large knife and cut each 25 pound block into forths. Cutting through the plastic is very easy. Then I just peel the plastic off and drop in the presto. Oh and to get the crap off your hands..... engine degreaser works really well..

for container wax I just use a knive and cut in strips then blocks.

For pillar wax, I have a big heavy rubber mallot. I think it is a stress reliever the wack the heck out of some wax. My arms hurt when I am done but I am much more calm to begin melting!! lol:p I am sure my nieghbors love me because I do this a 3 am!! :P good thing they are snow birds and go back to florida in the winter and only have to put up with me for half the year!!!

Hammer and a screw driver works too, but I like my mallot!!

I used to use this wax. Just cut it with a knife. I wore thin rubber gloves when handling though. Sure does make a mess with your hands. When I first got mine I was scooping it out with a spoon. Built up alot of muscles on my right arm that way and it took forever.:D