tarts/melts molds

Charolette

Hello,

I have never used cookies cutters. To me, I think it would be hard to do. But it might be possible...just never have done that.

I have used some soap molds for tarts before and it worked fine. They were small molds...big ones might not be good to use because of their size.

HTH

I use a lot of 'guest soap' molds for my tarts. They are smaller in size than normal soap molds, and offer a great variety of designs. Sometimes not filling them up all the way, depending on depth and size desired.

The only problem, at least for me, is that the majority of my guest soap molds are those flimsy hard plastic kind you would find at craft stores. They work GREAT for tarts... but they just don't last, and are often kind of unstable on the counter. They are so light that they can easily be bumped around. After too much use they tend to crack and warp. I do also use the silicone Ice Cube tray molds. They just aren't as cheap or often don't have as many cavities to pour into.

But I think the plastic guest soap molds work very well for experimenting and learning.

Cookie cutters- after the fact- will only work if you time it perfectly and/or have a softer wax. I don't do candles but maybe if you use them like the metal candle molds with a magnet or mold sealer(?) you can just pour into them. ? I've collected quite a few thinking I would figure out a way!

Chocolate molds also work great for melts, pop them in the freezer for just a min or two and they pop right out. I use them all the time for samples but also to fill jars or tins with pretty shaped melts. Cookie cutters work with soy wax, but a real PITA to do...have to keep the cutter cold and the wax on the warm side and work quickly.

Thank you so much for your ideas, this will help me so much. My mother and sis are both on oxygen and wish they could burn candles but can't. My daighter and I thought wickless and tarts would be great for them. I saw some nice warmers on ebay that I can give them for christmas and make our own tarts. Again thank you all so much

I couldn't figure out how to post a thread so i did it here does anyone know where i can buy bulk/wholesale wax tarts i prefer soy.....and iam looking for wholesale/bulk cold processes soaps......we are opening up a store and what we make there we are giving back to our community.donating to citizens against domestic violence and child advocacy helps children in need..thanks a million!

I couldn't figure out how to post a thread so i did it here does anyone know where i can buy bulk/wholesale wax tarts i prefer soy.....and iam looking for wholesale/bulk cold processes soaps......we are opening up a store and what we make there we are giving back to our community.donating to citizens against domestic violence and child advocacy helps children in need..thanks a million!

This is a wonderful thing your doing. I'm new too but sure someone will be along soon to help you.

Thank you so much if everyone did this then our world wouldn't be in such rumbles.

Iam ONLY doing it cause i to was once in need and received help to get away from my abuser and i swore once i got older i would give back and this is what iam doing now...thank you and god bless.

Pick a forum and click on "new thread." That should get you more responses. I would suggest the wickless forum.