Lavender :o(

lovemylabs

I came across a Lavender CP Soap yesterday and it smelled amazing. When we did our Lavender a few months ago, I was very pleased with the outcome for a first batch. Ours smell good, but this was great. I don't have my notes with me, but believe we used EO instead of FO. Should we try FO for our next batch? We have Lavender from CS, NG and WSP. But is there another Lavender you'd recommend we try? I ran through the "Scents that rock in CP", but some of the Lavenders mentioned weren't just Lavender. Suggestions?

There are different types/grades of Lavender EO, here is a listing from Essential Oil University.

Lavender Oil, Bulgarian Wild Lavandula angustifolia Mill.... $199.00 Lavender oil, 40/42, E. Europ... Lavandula angustifolia Mill.... $34.39 Lavender oil, 40/42, France Lavandula angustifolia Mill.... $44.00 Lavender oil, Bulgarian Super... Lavandula angustifolia Mill.... $100.00 Lavender oil, Cert. Organic,... Lavandula angustifolia Mill.... $225.97 Lavender oil, French Fine Hig... Lavandula angustifolia Mill.... $125.00 Lavender oil, Italy, High Alt... Lavandula angustifolia Mill.... $160.00 Lavender oil, Wild, France Lavandula angustifolia Mill.... $219.00 Lavender, Spike oil, France Lavandula latifolia (L.) Medi... $45.00

Since Tennessee Candle Supply is much closer to us, then we'll give them a try. I'd love to try NDA...but they are in California, right? We're on the East Coast. Shipping cost and the length of time it takes to get it would probably be crazy. We ordered oils from Peaks on the 13th and haven't received them yet. Granted...and all fairness to Peaks, that was a Saturday that the order was placed. But NDA would even take longer. So, we better stick with something a little closer. Thanks for your help guys!!

Since Tennessee Candle Supply is much closer to us, then we'll give them a try. I'd love to try NDA...but they are in California, right? We're on the East Coast. Shipping cost and the length of time it takes to get it would probably be crazy. We ordered oils from Peaks on the 13th and haven't received them yet. Granted...and all fairness to Peaks, that was a Saturday that the order was placed. But NDA would even take longer. So, we better stick with something a little closer. Thanks for your help guys!!

NDA distributes out of the Buffalo area. You might want to check them out. If I get EOs that they have to bring in from Canada it can take quite a while, but when it's something in the warehouse I get it fast.

Will do soapgirl!! Oh, do you know where they ship from? I didn't even pay any attention when I placed my order. Can't wait to get these.

And, tlc26...we have Lavender EO and we also use it in certain b&b products. And, we just got a sample of Lavender FO from Peaks a couple of days ago. Loved it OOB. You mentioned you mix with Moonlight Path...I was thinking we had that. But, I may have been thinking of Midnight Romance (NG).:sad2: I know we don't have Lavender Vanilla but may jump in to do a little mix to see what we come up with.

I recently ordered Bulgarian lavender eo because the supplier was out of the blend that I usually order. I really like it. I have never smelled a lavender fo that I liked as well as the eo. I have lots of customers who like a vanilla/lavender blend, and I tried a lavender/aniseed blend which is rather different and nice.

Got my order in from cotaproducts. Here's what I'm thinkin so far. I'm not sure about the Pear. It's strong, and I like it, but not sure if it's "true"...could just be me. So, I'll put it in some lotion and a batch of wax to see what I think. Did you order it when you place your Lemon fo order? OOB...the grapefruit is very strong. I do like this one. Can't wait to put it in wax and bath and body also. We're going to be making soap in a couple of days and look forward to using the patchouli and lavender. Really looking forward to soaping the lavender b/c we're going to be using a couple different oils to see which we like the best. Thanks for the lead on cotaproducts.

I use the regular line Lavender from Bitter Creek North in my CP and it sticks fantastic and the smell is great. I use Lavandin EO in my body products and I've made soap with it and the BCN Lavender and it side by side I can't tell apart unless I look. I don't use color in EO soaps. :)

If you're thinking EO, the best lavender is Lebermuth's 40/42 Lavender EO. That stuff is kick a$$ in CP! I've got bars a year old and they still smell like I poured them into the mold yesterday! The only thing that sucks about Lebermuth is the minimum order--but perhaps you can go in with someone and split the order! :)

Edited to add: I haven't smelled a Lavender FO yet that smells like real lavender to me. They all smell perfumey or have a weird chemical smell to them. I would stick with essential oil for soap if you can afford it.

Edited by asheebeans