Craft Show results for weekend of Nov 13th

Candybee

How was everyones craft show this weekend?

Finally had another good show today after the last two crap shows I had over the past 2 weekends.

It was my last outdoor show. Actually, its an indoor show but I requested to get a spot outdoors because I can set up a larger area and bring more stuff. Thankfully it was 65 degrees and sunny so it was pretty comfortable in the afternoon when it warmed up.

Sold several cases of candles and half my soaps. Big soap sales today were christmas pines and lavender, then OMH, cranberry orange, and sandalwood patchouli.

For candles the same big sellers for me are always apple cinnamon and honeysuckle rose. Then I also sold a lot of christmas candles and soap.

Also had one of my wholesale customers come to pick up 4 cases of candles and soap so I got a nice check for that.

One customer called me to get directions from Virginia Beach to the show I did in Woodstock, VA. Thats a 4-5 hour drive for her. She bought $150 in soap and candles, laughed and said she was gonna make the trip worth it!

So it was a good show! How did you all do??

My Holiday open house is this weekend. This is my second year doing it and I am in a new house this year so it was great to see repeat customers, they were a little confused as I moved a mile down the road. Todays sales were great, almost broke $1000!! I am absolutely amazed about the sales amount!! People are trying more to buy locally!! My biggest sellers in soap was my Bay Rum Beer soap, Rosemary Mint, and citrus Goat's milk soap. For candles-Balsam, Cranberry spice and Spiced Pumpkin. Lotions I ran out of Spiced Pumpkin and Pink Sugar. Hopefully tomorrow will be the same.

Mostly I just know the $$ results of mine (12X booth fee). As far as what specifically sold, I can't really say because I left the booth in my sisters' capable hands while I went home to pour tarts. Like Kitn, my big three day show is next weekend and I had to get some work done today. Tomorrow the vehicles get unpacked, inventoried and repacking begins. I'm gonna be so glad when Christmas finally gets here :yay:

This was my last show of the season. and is was EXCELLENT..

Best year yet at this show.. S

ales were up a couple hundred from last year... Very Happy...

Wonderful way to end the shows for the season....:cheesy2:

Especially since my last 2 shows were down a little bit...

CONGRATS to all of you and your good shows too!

Edited by islandgirl

Shows are doing awesome this year.... last weekend and this weekend was deer hunters widow weekends in Minnesota and shoppers are out in full force. We had a record opening hunting weekend, up north. BIG BIG show... also a complete sellout.

I agree,,, many are buying local,,, great for our economy and for all of us small business people...

Top sellers in candles,,, northern pine, snowstorm, pumpkin bars, cafe mocha, sugarplum berries, log cabin kitchen, cranberry woods, rustic woods.

Lotions - pomegranate, honey oatmeal, lilac, french amber vanilla, passion fruit guava

Soaps - honey oatmeal, hollyberry, pumpkin souffle, passion fruit guava,

cranberry marmalade, peppermint twist...

Tarts - anything cinamonney, pine, woods or cranberry.

Aroma Beads - pine, vanilla, cinnamon and black cherry

Our biggest show of the season is next weekend,,, we are going geared up... hoping for another day of record sales... our trailer will be packed fulll... we are excited.... Chaching,, Chaching!!!

Good luck everyone,, tis the season... be safe in your travels.. sell LOTS!!!

~S~

I have only done one show this year, I only do it b/c I used to work there and they do it as a fundraiser. Anyway, after reading all this I think this is something that I would like to get into more!! Is there a site listing local craft shows and any other info that goes along w/ that?? I have searched online, and found some, but no big hits on a free listing. Thanks. Glad to hear shows went so well for everyone

There are 2 shows here that run back-to-back weekends. The first was Saturday at the fairgrounds/American Legion building. Had an outdoor car show in conjunction. Also Santa was available for pics with the kids; no commercial photographer - so lots of parents were snapping away with their phones.

But I digress ... Sold 2 types of melts. The 1 oz souffle cups and clamshells. Had lots of customers load up on the cups so they could test them out and then by the clamshells next weekend at the 2-day fair on base. Sold a few wax dipped bears, too. Yes, surprisingly, they are still popular here.

Mistletoe, Mulberry, Pumpkin Cornbread and Cool Water were the most popular. Covered all expenses (rent & materials) and a little profit - but the advertising for next week's show was invaluable, IMO.

I have only done one show this year, I only do it b/c I used to work there and they do it as a fundraiser. Anyway, after reading all this I think this is something that I would like to get into more!! Is there a site listing local craft shows and any other info that goes along w/ that?? I have searched online, and found some, but no big hits on a free listing. Thanks. Glad to hear shows went so well for everyone

I find you get more info by checking out local Chambers of Commerce and local official city or county websites. Check their calenders for events or give them a call. Then when you get into shows talk to the other vendors. I get some of the best tips for shows from other vendors. Plus all this info is free. Good luck!:smiley2: